Home

Better Scheduling Options

This is a discussion on Better Scheduling Options within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Better Scheduling Options

I love the fact we have the ability to make custom conferences. There is one huge problem I have seen with this. Some teams "known games" are forced into there schedules.

A good example is Arkansas. I was playing around and moved them to the Big 12. To go along with the new games against Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU and West Virginia. They also always get scheduled against Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina and Ole Miss.

They are an extreme case but this also causes issues with other realignment in that good teams you move to new conferences will basically play only there old conference teams in their non conference games and this keeps some of the smaller schools from getting games against good teams. In turn they go 11-1 every year and mess up the standings.

There needs to be a better balance.

My idea would be to have three options
1) The current system how it is (Use known games)
2) Use known rivalry games
3) Do not use known games

This needs to be done for the entire league not just the user teams. This is creating problems with many mid majors always having extremely inflated records because all the good teams that get realigned are just facing there new league and there old league opponents.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »