Home

NCAA Football 15 Presentation Concepts

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 15 Presentation Concepts within the NCAA Football Wishlist forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
NCAA Football 15 Presentation Concepts

I would like to first state that this is not a thread that is bashing NCAA Football 14 and this current gen. This thread is about concept ideas for presentation on next gen and the future of NCAA Football. Not Gameplay.

ATMOSPHERE

Video Boards
- Video Screens need to be more dynamic. All you see on those boards are the gameplay footage and nothing else. There needs to be sayings on there, vignettes of fans, broadcast view of the game etc.
Ex.

- Ribbon Boards need to be more useful. As of now, ribbon boards in the game are just black. No visuals on them what so ever. I can't remember which NCAA had it but i know there was a version that had the school logo and color on the ribbon boards and then sayings like touchdown, first down, 3rd down etc. I dont know why they took it away but it definitely adds a lot more lighting and realism. NHL and NBA 2K use them perfectly.
Ex.

Crowd
- Crowds need to be louder in tough environments. I know Ignite will make the crowds better but there really needs to be a lot more energy on a home team's touchdown, interception, 3rd down etc. Also there needs to be a big difference between a primetime saturday night night football game and a day game for a 2 star school.
Big Crowd:

- Visually, the crowd needs to look a lot better. There needs to be a color differential between the student section and the regular crowd. Also, I would love to see color-out games. Penn State white out, Clemson orange out, Iowa color mix etc.
Ex.

Player Detail
- Make them look skinner, especially the pads
- More uniform detail
- Grass particles in the facemask
- Better helmet/facemask texture
- Loose sleeves
- Loose jerseys
- Dreads/long hair
Ex.

BROADCAST

College Gameday
- Pretty self explanatory. Just have go over recaps, top 25, hiesman candidates, top games etc.
- Get a background for every school and put it as the background for the set. Then just fill in students with signs and such.
Ex.

Sideline Reporter
- Sam Ponder is an obvious candidate. Have her visually in the game. Take breaks in between action to show visuals of her on the sideline and maybe some just audio during the game. Have her talk about injury status, coach responses, gameplan notices etc.
Ex.

Commentary
- Change the duo up. Have 2 commentary teams. 1) Brent Musburger & Kirk Herbstreit 2) Brad Nessler & Todd Blackledge
- They need to be introduced visually for every game, just like what Madden does.
-Better play reactions such as a lot of screaming and cheerful commentary
Ex.

Replays
- Just make them like Madden's.... thank you

These are all of my ideas for NCAA 15's presentation. Please add more concepts in the comments below if i missed something or you would like to add on. Thanks guys!
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 15 Presentation Concepts

I would love to see SEC on CBS. Also I would like to see arial views of the stadium and more shots of fans. Get rid of those screenshots at the end. Some shots of the schools campus would be awesome.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #3
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

It's all about the crowd IMO. Once they nail that, the rest of presentation flows a lot easier.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ive always wanted them to add promotions as in Rally Towels, Pom poms and T shirts etc and you should be able to chose the games for the giveaways and what not like everyone in attendance or 20,000 fans and so on.
if they have pom poms then it should move in sequence as the songs being played like Seven Nation Army http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piEWdXQSgA8
The Seven Nation Army that is in the game is good but its not great the crowd needs to be louder and it needs to be longer.
I want Michigan Stadium to sound like Michigan Stadium same with the other loud stadiums.

I also want the crowd to run the field after a big upset or a big rivalry game.

I want rivalry games to get chippy maybe even a brawl I want the players to get chippy after a cheap hit and maybe start shoving.

Lastly I want post game shows and mid week shoes if your game is the game of the week I want a recap of your game and other games inside your stadium and I want to see a midweek show like College Football live.
I also would like more Networks like Big 10 Network, Longhorn network, ESPN 2, ESPNU etc I want more announcers like Brent Musburger for the big game and other smaller game ones.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Student sections really need to be relevant... if you really want a true depiction of the college football atmosphere.... this needs to be where it starts. There are a few other things ill get into when I'm not on my phone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #6
Rookie

john1842msu's Arena

OVR: 0

The current team entrances really needs to be improved upon. I have an idea for a multi-stage opening scene that could be put together for NCAA 15 on the next gen consoles. It involves the addition of create-a-fan, like the Madden series had. At initial launch of disc, when you choose your favorite team and set up your profile, you would be also be prompted to create 2 fans. These 2 created fans would each be tied in with 2 profiles. The 2 created fans would be integral to each in-game presentation and the cutscenes. So they would compliment the cutscenes of players celebrating, etc. Here's my concept of the opening game presentation, in 5 parts.

1. The 2 created fans (wearing home team's apparel/jerseys) have home team's pompoms (or towels) in hand as they go through the tunnel of their section of the stadium (always randomly selected between lower bowl and upper bowl views) and see the field with cheerleaders and marching band beneath them (just like pregame before real games). They are late arriving and take their seats right on the aisle just as the visiting team is about to take the field.

2. Visiting team runs onto the field and the crowd boos loudly. Camera pans to the 2 created fans voicing their displeasure and vehemently doing the 'thumbs down'. Camera then pans to one of the star players of visiting team and shows their stats as he's loosening up/stretching.

3. Camera pans to the stadium jumbotron where the music kicks on and the crowd goes into a frenzy as the home team's pump up video begins. Camera shows the fans waving their towels/pom-poms in unison. The pump up video then plays out, unique to each team (would be cool if custom music could be uploaded for each team's videos). NCAA 14 is a good start upon this with the various slogans they use for each team. But instead of showing animations of the home team going up against the team they're about to face (which doesn't make any sense), they should them in highlights against their 2-3 archrivals and conference opponents (EA already has rivals coded in).

4. As the video ends and with the crowd still in a frenzy, the home team storms out of the tunnel as the band starts playing the fight song. Camera pans out and shows the band playing, as well as again zooming onto the 2 created fans clapping and singing along. This segment ends with one of the home team's star players warming up/stretching on the field, again showing their stats, etc.

5. Coin toss and then onto kickoff.

My idea is that the opening presentation actually lasts about 2 minutes altogether (if not skipped), compared to only about 30 seconds for NCAA14 and past versions. The user could skip each individual segment at a time (parts 1-4) by pressing the X button. Or they could press Start at any time to skip the whole 2 minute presentation and go straight to the coin toss.

To make all of this happen, EA really wouldn't need to create too many more animations. The tunnel entrances of NCAA 13 could by and large be merged with the jumbotron videos of NCAA 14. All they would need to do is do animations for the fans and add the create-a-fan mini-app.

But the main concept of the whole thing is that I think that before, during, and after the game, the cutscenes should focus around the 2 created fans in the stadium, sometimes interacting with other fans around them. Because ultimately in the simulation world that they're trying to create, they want the game player to see the game as so realistic, it's like they're watching it in the stands.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Sad day there will be no NCAA 15 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...with-ea-sports
Old 07-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Just started!

Don't forget that they must fix the sidelines! Other than the crowd, the blobs on the sidelines are the worst! I want to see real players doing human like things!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Wishlist »