Home

EA servers unavailable?

This is a discussion on EA servers unavailable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA servers unavailable?

Just wanted to see if you have an update krazzed...I tried creating a new temporary gamertag and it still doesn't work. I'm at my wit's end with this crap. I've tried doing everything I can to log in online and I'm still not being recognized on EA's Servers. So freaking annoying...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermanskid
Just wanted to see if you have an update krazzed...I tried creating a new temporary gamertag and it still doesn't work. I'm at my wit's end with this crap. I've tried doing everything I can to log in online and I'm still not being recognized on EA's Servers. So freaking annoying...
Krazzed - I am also curious if EA ever fixed your problem.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if deleting your NCAA 09 profile and online roster files through the xbox dashboard might work. Again, I have no information indicating that it might help, so do it at your own risk (you should probably back up your profile onto a memory card first in case it doesn't work), but it was just an idea that I had and thought I would throw it out there.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #11
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaG44
Krazzed - I am also curious if EA ever fixed your problem.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if deleting your NCAA 09 profile and online roster files through the xbox dashboard might work. Again, I have no information indicating that it might help, so do it at your own risk (you should probably back up your profile onto a memory card first in case it doesn't work), but it was just an idea that I had and thought I would throw it out there.
I have yet to get on an check today (Tuesday), but I was told on Friday on the phone with EA customer support that it should be fixed sometime next Monday (which was yesterday and it didn't work then) I can still log in on my brother's account on the same Xbox, just not mine. I'm hoping the new patch might help (I'm not sure why, just gives me a glimmer of hope). Also, I tried deleting all my NCAA stuff from the memory tab in the dashboard, and no luck. That's what they told me in my customer support tickets I submitted. I'm about to get on and download the patch now, and then call EA if it still doesn't work. And if not tonight then tomorrow I'll make another reply to this thread with an update on the situation/solution if there is one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #12
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Like I said in my previous post, I was hoping that the new NCAA patch might fix the problem I (and many others) are experiencing. So after I posted the message above this one I got on my Xbox and loaded up NCAA football, downloaded the patch then proceeded to try to connect to the EA servers. I got the same message as usual, unable to connect to EA servers. So I called the EA customer support (650-628-1001 is the number, to get somebody to talk to go through the automated thing, past where u select the game and platform and then say "operator" and it will connect you to the live support. Please call if you are having this problem to let EA know there are more then just a few people with this problem.) I talked to a guy that listened to me for about 5 mins while I explained my problem. He asked a couple questions to clarify, about having 2 accounts where one works and one doesn't on the same Xbox(my brothers account works, and mine doesn't work). He asked if I tried deleting every NCAA Football 09 file on the Xbox HD. Which I did, then he put me on hold for about 5 mins or so. When he came back he said he just talked to a couple developers and there were a few people with this problem, and it is a know problem. He said the devs were currently looking for the cause of the problem so they can release a patch, or include it in the next patch. So he sent my Gamertag information and EA account information to the Developers so they can take a look at my gamertag and compare it to others with the problem and see if they can find a flaw somewhere in the affected gamertags. He said all I could really do is either, wait, make a new Gamertag, or change my current one (which is a known solution, but it costs $10). That is why you should call EA customer support and let them know if you have this problem so they can look at your gamertag and EA account info to help find the solution faster. Sorry for the wall of text, I just want to help those people that have the same problem as mine, so they aren't running around like a chicken with out a head like I was when I first discovered this problem.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Had this problem, my password for my live/hotmail account and my EA account were different, once I changed it... seemed to work.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #14
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Had this problem, my password for my live/hotmail account and my EA account were different, once I changed it... seemed to work.
That's odd, but both of mine are the same already, maybe I'll try changing them to something else (while still keeping them the same).
Old 08-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #15
Rookie

krazzed's Arena

Just bumping this thread so others with the same problem can see my above post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
Rookie

Krazzed - any luck getting on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »