Home

Recruiting Strategy Guide

This is a discussion on Recruiting Strategy Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #105
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8
good read tagged
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting Strategy Guide

nice read, lots of useful info.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #107
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
i normally get a top 5 recruiting class every season things i normally do only 2 60 Min recruits meaning the must HAVE play makers of the class Ex the QB with A sp and B+ THP/THA then i always unlock all my b+ and up pitches then from there i just recruit the other teams down if i can, that seems to be the biggest problem people are having if you dont recruit the other teams down you will never get the good recruits
I wish I could understand what this post was saying... if only the poster knew how to talk/type using punctuation and clear language...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
I wish I could understand what this post was saying... if only the poster knew how to talk/type using punctuation and clear language...
You brought up a dead thread/post just to make fun of a (really poor example of english, dont get me wrong) post?

Below is my assumed correction of his post;

i normally get a top 5 recruiting class every season. things i normally do.

1) Only choose 2 recruits and spend 60 minutes per week, meaning the MUST HAVE playmakers of the class (Example- the QB with A speed, and B+ THP/THA).

2) Then I always unlock all my B+ and up pitches. Then from there I just recruit the other teams down if I can(using the "compare against" option). That seems to be the biggest problem people are having, if you dont recruit the other teams down, you will never get the good recruits.

There you go, thats what I took from the guys poorly worded/punctuated post.

Honestly, in regards to that specific train of thought, I never have that much success recruiting "against" other schools even when I'm a 5*/6* program. So it would seem to me that this guy must be playing ONLY 6* prestige programs because I know that "compare against" doesnt work that well unless you are typically a FULL grade ahead of the #2 school.

***As for my suggestions in recruiting, I'll give just one (as this thread has plenty)

-DONT FIGHT FOR HIGHLY RECRUITED PLAYERS - In week 3 its pretty clear what players arent typically going to be recruited or only have 1 other school recruiting them. Go for these guys (assuming they fit your scheme), and typically you can land a much larger class with a lot more ease. Competing against 3-5 other high prestige schools typically requires spending 60+ minutes every week for many weeks, with no assurances in landing the recruit is too much of a gamble, unless its a true game changer recruit.

Anyone who isnt being recruited by other schools wont have anyone forcing you to commit so much time every week, nor do they typically run the risk of committing elsewhere.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #109
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy101
You brought up a dead thread/post just to make fun of a (really poor example of english, dont get me wrong) post?
No, not specifically to make fun of it. I just started playing this game in January, hence why I brought up an inactive thread.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #110
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

I will have to use these in my Idaho Vandal OD !!!

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #111
Rookie

brettford's Arena

OVR: 3

A few quick tips that I have success with:

1) Look for 3* JUCO players who have 5-6* schools filling their rankings. Especially helpful for positions where you need immediate help.
Ex. Say your starting DTs are seniors and your depth is very thin. Scroll through the list of 3* DTs (that's where you find the JUCOs). When you spot a JUCO player, check his school rankings. You are looking for guys who's preferences look something like:

1 Alabama
2 Texas
3 Ohio State
4 Oklahoma
5 USC
6 etc...

Go after those guys hard. It will probably take 3-4 weeks of solid 60 minute recruiting, but eventually you will make their list. If at any time you see a higher prestige school start to recruit this player or offer a scholarship just cut bait.

If you are lucky, the big schools will ignore these players for most of the season because they are too busy with 4-5* freshmen. Landing a JUCO player is a huge boost. Just check their ratings! You can find some really really good players.

Here is an example of what you frequently see:
DT #28 Freshman
Strength C-
Tackle C-
Block Shed C-

DT #45 JUCO Jr
Strength B+
Tackle B+
Block Shed B+

The JUCO player is MUCH superior yet he is ranked lower (simply by virtue of having fewer years of eligibility).

On the question of whether to fill your board or not?

I'm pretty sure the simple fact of having a player on your board helps you gain points each week (even if you don't call him). I have seen my ranking move up for guys I did not recruit that week. This may or may not be the case...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #112
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

In my last recruiting class for Mizzou, I was able to add two 4* juco offensive linemen. They were both no worse than a B in every blocking category in their ratings, and both had A acceleration and one was a C+ is awareness and the other was a B.

I think both were Juniors, but I needed immediate depth and they will allow my 4* and 5* freshmen to develop for an extra year.

The best part is I was able to recruit both with less than 40 min/week each, which helped me land a 5* WR and a 5* RB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »