Home

I think I've figured out the "art of the instant commit"

This is a discussion on I think I've figured out the "art of the instant commit" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I think I've figured out the "art of the instant commit"

proud to see some old school maddenmania dynasty gurus still at it! Many props to DGZ & Hellisan!

I haven't really worried too much about the insta-commit... it's nice when it happens, but I with my recruiting strat (and mostly the team I'm playing with - Bama) it's not an issue, as I'm going to end up in really good shape more often than not.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

I'll be interested to know if this is actually true. From my experience, it seems that the further along in the recruiting process you are, the better when it comes to getting those instant commits. I thought it might be tied to stage (I've noticed that it doesn't really work on guys who are still in the top 10, better in the top 8), but it could be tied to the interest level. Will check it out whenever I can (right now I'm at the end of my season, not many recruits haven't been offered).
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I think there is a bit of luck to the instant commit. I've had several guys in the same scenario and offered scholarships, some commit, some don't. It isn't an exact science...more like a dice roll. It is more likely to happen to recruits who have a lot of interest in your school, but there is no way to actually trigger the instant commit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #12
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0

After I set up my board in Week 1 I offer scholarships to all recruits who have me as their number one school. I typically get one, two or three commits, which is huge for week 1. After that, I can't see any pattern, and it's basically a crap shoot.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
I think there is a bit of luck to the instant commit. I've had several guys in the same scenario and offered scholarships, some commit, some don't. It isn't an exact science...more like a dice roll. It is more likely to happen to recruits who have a lot of interest in your school, but there is no way to actually trigger the instant commit.
Yeah. The only component that isn't luck is that the only players that can instant commit are the ones that have you as their number 1 school. Once you offer the scholarship, there is a dice roll to see if he commits.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Yeah. The only component that isn't luck is that the only players that can instant commit are the ones that have you as their number 1 school. Once you offer the scholarship, there is a dice roll to see if he commits.
Straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks Adam.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 11-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Well if u think about it its kinda realistic. I mean if im doing A dynasty with LSU and a kid has a high intrest in my school and I offer he'll sign. its all about building up your program and making an effort if u were to just randomly offer a scholarship right away, a recruit might just be like what the hell? and it wouldnt have any effect on his willingness to sign
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »