Home

NCAA Football 12 Hands-On With Improved Zone Defense And New Tackling Engine (TSO)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Hands-On With Improved Zone Defense And New Tackling Engine (TSO) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with improved zone defense and new tackling engine (TS

Just please let the Ratings of the players on the field dictate how good zones etc... will be covered, not just a lock-down defense across the board.

Also, I hope they don't make the new/updated Zone Defense so overpowered that passes are knocked down/INT left and right.

Just make ratings mean something PLEASE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #26
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12: Hands on with improved zone defense and new tackling engine (TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I think the season-ending or long term injuries weren't too bad, but the short term ones, or even short in-game ones (for say a series or quarter etc) seemed excessive. I'd have my RB and QB (who both have good injury ratings) suffer a minor injury every game, sometimes more than once.
Kind of funny, I was playing as Arizona St last night and for a 8 play stretch there it was a player injured on every play.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #27
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
This one makes me nervous, since EA has a way of overemphasizing new features. I don't want 9 fumbles per game and my running back getting hurt every game.

The injury system is a little off kilter I think. Seems like injuries to your skill players are a little high and injuries to everyone else are a bit low right now. Fumbles in certain situations are ridiculously high.
I disagree with some of this and believe EA's footballs games should emphasize fumbles and injuries MORE to simulate the real life risk/reward of football. Fumbles should be frequent to simulate risking a fumble to attempt to evade or escape a tackle instead of manually wrapping the football for the potential reward of more yards and/or a big play. Injuries should be more frequent to ANY players (especially QBs, kickers, punters and small guys) that risk touching the football and take on multiple collisions instead of getting down to avoid big hits for the potential reward of more yards and/or big plays.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #28
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Me=

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #29
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

This makes me so happy . Good job EA. Hell I was already locking things down on D, but damn was it a chore. Hopefully ratings are reflected accurately though.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #30
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree there should be more injuries. After each game, there should be a pretty good size list of players with minor injuries like sprained ankle, dislocated finger, etc.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

yeah more minor injuries is a good thing with fatigue being a bigger factor as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #32
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm just concerned that Arkansas State will play the zone defense just as well as Oklahoma. Hopefully this isn't the case, but too often in NCAA 11 did I see 65 OVR CBs sticking my 88 OVR WRs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »