Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #129
Rookie

lildave225's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Like many here, I am cautiously optimistic. But I do like what I am hearing.

Sights and sounds: Seems like I am in the minority, but I love the run outs. I watch them everytime. I played an entire season with Colorado just because of the Buffalo. The more the better for me.

New Passing: This could be fantastic. But I wan't to see it to believe it. Over the years of sports gaming, I have often been disappointed with these types of claims, and how they were executed. But I am certainly intrigued.

In game hilights could be another big winner for the offline franchise crowd like myself. Hopefully they will have a mechanism to figure out what games I care about. If I am a top SEC team, I probably don't want my game interrupted with an update from the Sunbelt. However if I am a Sun Belt team battling for a top spot and a Bowl bid, I probably DO care about another Sun Belt battle......but won't really care much about what is going on in the MAC.
I wonder who will be the new studio analyst.
It will be refreshing to hear a new voice
Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 6
Let's ask ourselves "What will be broken on launch?" I really hope they fixed the glaring problems with 2012 first before just adding "Fluff to Fluff"
Old 03-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #131
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
gameplay videos and more gameplay videos, thatll be the validation, please no more useless interviews with socially awkward, way overexcited devs who dont look like they know a damn thing about football and just got done smoking a joint and then yell M-I-Z-Z-0-U! Those just kill my confidence in these people
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #132
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
gameplay videos and more gameplay videos, thatll be the validation, please no more useless interviews with socially awkward, way overexcited devs who dont look like they know a damn thing about football and just got done smoking a joint and then yell M-I-Z-Z-0-U! Those just kill my confidence in these people
Agreed. Give us substance and a reason to feel better about the game. This should be year of the consumer (every year should be) after the junk they've put out this gen.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #133
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Would prefer 85 man rosters over this heisman mode business...
Why not both?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #134
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Cautiously optimistic is the best way to approach this.

The football franchises have been getting better but as I said before, a lot needs to be fixed.

Coaches need more ratings than just prestige, HC should have some say over OC/DC (can tie into job security / prestige) such as picking a specific assistant or giving a choice to your AD such as similar playbooks, philosophies, ratings, etc and have that factor into the CPU opinion. Hiring logic needs to be fixed as does progression rate of coaches.

Hopefully RG3 is a metaphor for the resurgence of the NCAA franchise, as he was the resurgence of the Baylor Bears.

I'll say it again though, no mention of a physics system is disappointed but it's a feature I'd expect to see as a selling point to Madden, than the following year be brought out for NCAA.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #135
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax

I'll say it again though, no mention of a physics system is disappointed but it's a feature I'd expect to see as a selling point to Madden, than the following year be brought out for NCAA.
I wouldn't get your hopes up this year for physics in Madden. At E3 last year, someone from the Madden team did an interview and said they know physics is a hot topic, but it would probably be something that is addressed in the near future.

Last edited by roadman; 03-13-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #136
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

The only reason I have any hopes for physics is because of Fifa and NHL having physics play to an extent in the engine. My hopes aren't too high because Tiburon has been playing status quo rather than being innovators. They are playing catch up to other franchises as far as I'm concerned. (Across other sports, obviously.)

The football games aren't horrible, but not where they should be in 2012/13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »