Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

has Haumiller crawled out from under his rock yet?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #178
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
EDIT: My main complaint here is on replays because when I bust a big run with my RB the camera is zoomed too much and circles around him and I can't even see what defenders he makes miss or what yard line he is even on.
A bit off topic, but you know there is a zoom out button, right? Triangle on PS3 I believe. I think that would be "Y" on the 360?

I am going to assume the new version will have all the old bugs fixed. When you think about it, most of the bugs in '12 were in brought back features that werent in '11. Not a good sign for the new features this year, but means most of the old ones should be fixed (though I bet option plays will still be broken for year #3)
Old 03-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #179
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
A bit off topic, but you know there is a zoom out button, right? Triangle on PS3 I believe. I think that would be "Y" on the 360?
He is talking about the in-game replays not the user controlled replays during the pause menu.

And he is right. Those replays suck. NBA12 has spot on TV style replays and highlight reels.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #180
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

One more thing......I hope they make the ratings more realistic for the player position and weight. Some examples of stuff I SHOULDN"T see:

Quote:
Defensive ends with 88 speed........

300 pound defensive tackles with 78 jump......

190 pound RB with 90 truck.......

190 defensive back with 82 strength.

225 pound RB with 66 strength.

Defensive lineman with 88 spin, 82 juke and 79 elusiveness......WTF ?

Power backs with 68 stiff arm, 76 Truck.
With that out of the way.....please make the Route Running rating actually MEAN SOMETHING other then determine if a guy slips during rain and snow games. I mean who came up with that dumb idea anyway ? You got a rating for SLIPPING ONLY ? SMH at that BS. Make that rating determine you know actual route running ability.

Same thing with the elusiveness rating.......It should make a player more shifty and harder to bring down.

So I hope they did a ratings over haul as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #181
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Reading this thread should make the NCAA's team job easier. You have a community telling you what they want. It really is simple as give the consumer what they want. EA Sports used to be the "it" brand, now it's a running joke. It's EASILY fixable. Just listen and react.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #182
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
the new defensive "read and react" system needs a few things to really be successful in my opinion. First, there needs to be realistic foot planting and momentum. Second, there should be a "read and react" rating for every player to separate the smarter players from the rest.
I think that's the awareness rating.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #183
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
One more thing......I hope they make the ratings more realistic for the player position and weight. Some examples of stuff I SHOULDN"T see:
I disagree. You SHOULD see some of this stuff occasionally, it just shouldn't be half of the league. Just because someone's 190lbs doesn't mean he can't be stronger then someone who's 225lbs. Just because someone's 245lbs doesn't mean they can truck someone because they can be a back who shy's away from contact (which is why it would be nice if they added tendencies). There are freak athletes that deserve higher ratings in spots that you normally wouldn't see (speed, strength etc).

That whole "Power Back" with 68 stiff arm and 76 trucking is ridiculous because it seems to happen all the time when recruiting. They need new labels, or more labels.. or again, add tendencies because we all know someone with those stats isn't a "Power Back".

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #184
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I disagree. You SHOULD see some of this stuff occasionally, it just shouldn't be half of the league. Just because someone's 190lbs doesn't mean he can't be stronger then someone who's 225lbs. Just because someone's 245lbs doesn't mean they can truck someone because they can be a back who shy's away from contact (which is why it would be nice if they added tendencies). There are freak athletes that deserve higher ratings in spots that you normally wouldn't see (speed, strength etc).

That whole "Power Back" with 68 stiff arm and 76 trucking is ridiculous because it seems to happen all the time when recruiting. They need new labels, or more labels.. or again, add tendencies because we all know someone with those stats isn't a "Power Back".
Agree. That the part of Madden 12 I like about, especially in QBs. Tuck & Run, Ball Handling, etc. really play a part in Madden, why not have it in NCAA?

However, really hoping this new passing system and "read and react" AI for the D.
Bubble screens were useless in '12'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »