Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #193
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinpropel
Playbook #1: Sights & Sounds

The only thing I am interested in is better commentary. The past three years I have turned off the commentary a week into playing where as with NBA 2K11, I still have the commentary on two years later.

Playbook #2: Gameplay

If implemented correctly this could be HUGE!

Playbook #3: Dynasty

As an avid Dynasty player this is something that really excites me. I do hope they add more variation to the development of players and maybe even some regressions of players since you can scout them now.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge

I am sure this is exciting to some, but not to me.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory

Every year I try to give RTG another go, but every year I lose interest and stop playing about halfway through my first season at a school.
The only other things I'd like to see them include without being too drastic of implementations would be 85 man rosters, a global-editor, and the three separate accuracy ratings they have in Madden.

Last edited by cparrish; 03-15-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #194
Pro

OVR: 19
Read and react would be huge. This also has to be a part of all aspects of the game, not just the passing game. Getting rid of the psychic DBs and leaping LBs will help. While special teams and the option are not back of the box features, they need work to make the college game seem more authentic and not as much of a Madden port.

A new studio host makes me wonder if Erin Andrews is gone. I don't think commentary is all that bad. Without Lee Corso, the commentary does lack a bit of fun. NBA2k12 is the gold standard for broadcast commentary in a sports game. NHL's combo of Thorne and Clement are great. FIFA's Martin Tyler is great, but the game hinges on whoever his partner is (Andy Gray>Alan Smith). NCAA either needs a 3rd man in the booth or better scripting to get to the level of those three series.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #195
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

I'm starting to get burnt out on all these yearly ratings editing projectssssssssssssssssssssssssss. And I purposely put the extra Ss in there because every time they release a patch, it breaks something else and the whole thing have to be done all over again.

If they simply just play their own game against the CPU, not another human player, they could easily fix damn near all the problems with this series before it even ships. Don't take college degrees or years in the gaming industry to see stuff not working in the series.

Just play ONE game against the CPU and EA will have pages of stuff written down that doesn't work at all or work correctly in this game. Too much catering goes towards the online crowd and because of that, the CPU gets jacked up to compensate for online cheesers who may abuse a certain move or play style.

And the field definitely needs to get bigger. They still using the same field size from the NES and Sega Genesis days where the characters were smaller. Characters are big now with actual full size limbs, therefore the field needs to get bigger.

They need to go to a football field and count how many steps it takes to get from the hash mark to the sideline and time it as well. Then go to the game and see if the steps and time matches up. Million dollars says it don't match up. They should do the same thing, walking from the left hash mark to the right hash mark. Walking from one side line to the opposite side line.

That way they could clearly see the field in NCAA and Madden is too small.
The whole post but especially the bold part made me want to testify!testify.gif

It's so disheartening to come on the internet and read seemingly simple solutions to Madden's ills but have them ignored every year. I get that physics can't be added overnight but things like ratings adjustments, field scaling, better QA, etc, don't seem that hard to address, if they acknowledge the problem. When I read that route running effects who slips in rain and snow, I didn't know whether to LOL or cry out loud.

After 7 years on next-gen consoles, the majority of NCAA and Madden wishlists should be extra stuff, not things core to making virtual football play realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #196
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Fanboys have already proven they'll put out whatever CRAP EA puts out. NCAA is losing the hardcore sim crowd so it's an easy solution. Your fanboys will buy regardless and if they put out a good product then they'll win us die hards back. Makes sense to me.

Games like The Show and NBA 2k are polishing themselves year after year now, while the NCAA team is too bust still trying to fix broken gameplay and bugs that make the experience awful.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #197
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I get the sense of a NCAAF 2006 feel coming back. With the Heisman thing and all...But who know.

If we dont get college gameday or something similiar then presentation wont be at its maximum potential.

I want to see what the recruiting thing is all about. No changes to coaching carousel?? im anxious as always
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #198
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
A bit off topic, but you know there is a zoom out button, right? Triangle on PS3 I believe. I think that would be "Y" on the 360?

I am going to assume the new version will have all the old bugs fixed. When you think about it, most of the bugs in '12 were in brought back features that werent in '11. Not a good sign for the new features this year, but means most of the old ones should be fixed (though I bet option plays will still be broken for year #3)

Yeh, of course. I was really referring to instant replays not the replays from the menu. Anyways this really isn't a gamebreaker for me everyone has pretty much covered what needs fixing but I just wanted to point out that the instant replay system needs to be changed to a more TV style broadcast.

EDIT: Also to get back on topic of the more important issues. Here's my main issue with the NCAA dev team and EA. Just look at this list of mine and understand what is messed up about it..

My favorite sports (Real Life)
1. College football
2. NFL football
3. MLB
4. College Basketball
5. NBA
6. NHL
7. Soccer (only been watching the past few years here and there)

Now here's my favorite sports video games, that I still can play today

1. MLB 12 The Show
2. NBA 2k11/12
3. College Hoops 2k8
4. NHL 12
5. FIFA 12
6. NCAA Football 12
7. Madden 12

Now obviously there is something wrong with that list. I think many may have a list similar to that and it really is a shame. I could make more lists about which sports in real life have a better atmosphere which I feel is CLEARLY college football with 90,000 fans screaming their lungs out. Unfortunately I think NCAA Football ranks near the bottom as far as video games goes in atmosphere and capturing the true feel of any game in real life. I think EA either doesn't understand this or they really just don't care.

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 03-15-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 0
Watch nfl 2k5 thats how u make a football game. Great player interaction, presentation, and commentary. The only thing ncaa and madden beat it in is graphics and thats because the game was made in 2005 and yet its still considered the greatest football game ever in 2012.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #200
(PS3) Madden 13

mirrored32's Arena

OVR: 18
sights and sound: what is already in Madden i suspect. new crowd etc. the same idea of madden intro's of teams. gameplay: madden 12 AI tweaked. dynasty: new analyst! yay! this sounds good. could care less about online. hope they keep it good for offline players. the other two don't interest me.

I think as long as they don't have a glitchy game this year I will be ok with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »