Home

NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #265
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

EA why you no work on Special Teams!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #266
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS

EA why you no work on Special Teams!?
You would think that over the years with guys like Desmond Howard, Rocket Ismail, Charles Woodson and Deion Sanders that EA would make special teams a huge part of the game by now.

They are pimping a former Heisman legend on the cover this year and yet most of those ex-Heisman greats were also legendary return men in College football.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #267
Banned

mackattack14's Arena

OVR: 10
Smile Re: NCAA Football 13 Features New Passing System, Enhanced Commentary and More

GAMEPLAY and completely customizable uniforms. Don't need the mascot game either
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #268
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
You would think that over the years with guys like Desmond Howard, Rocket Ismail, Charles Woodson and Deion Sanders that EA would make special teams a huge part of the game by now.

They are pimping a former Heisman legend on the cover this year and yet most of those ex-Heisman greats were also legendary return men in College football.
$$$$$$

Special teams don't sell games. Gimmicks do.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #269
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
$$$$$$

Special teams don't sell games. Gimmicks do.
doesn't mean they can't make improvements to special teams. You just don't need to use it as one of the things you're promoting. You aren't going to put "we got rid of suction blocking" on the back of the box but that doesn't mean they didn't work on it.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #270
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
doesn't mean they can't make improvements to special teams. You just don't need to use it as one of the things you're promoting. You aren't going to put "we got rid of suction blocking" on the back of the box but that doesn't mean they didn't work on it.
That is true. But I have always felt that marketing comes first with EA. They certainly do a great job with it, but it is a focus. I woud even go as far as to suggest that it effects many of the design decisions. I am generalizing a bit here, but EA games usually do a great job with game introductions and things that happen when you boot up a game.....the types of things that potential buyers see when they are demo-ing the game at a store or a friends house. But the games tend to be a bit light later on...things like the championship celebrations. I love putting 50+ hours into a game and then seeing something new...a new animation or commentary...but that doesn't happen to often with EA games, in my experience at least.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #271
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
That is true. But I have always felt that marketing comes first with EA. They certainly do a great job with it, but it is a focus. I woud even go as far as to suggest that it effects many of the design decisions. I am generalizing a bit here, but EA games usually do a great job with game introductions and things that happen when you boot up a game.....the types of things that potential buyers see when they are demo-ing the game at a store or a friends house. But the games tend to be a bit light later on...things like the championship celebrations. I love putting 50+ hours into a game and then seeing something new...a new animation or commentary...but that doesn't happen to often with EA games, in my experience at least.
sounds like u need to grab fifa12. i dont even like soccer much but this game is the shhh....u wouldnt really believe it even came out of an EA studio. fresh commentary that reminds me of nba2k...like how they always acknowledge things going on with ur team inside the game ur in and outside of that...new pickups, benchings, injuries and how they might effect u, etc. and im always seeing something new thanks to physics(not perfect but does a dang decent job). if u play that, you will not even wanna play ea football anymore outta disgust.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #272
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMurda
sounds like u need to grab fifa12. i dont even like soccer much but this game is the shhh....u wouldnt really believe it even came out of an EA studio. fresh commentary that reminds me of nba2k...like how they always acknowledge things going on with ur team inside the game ur in and outside of that...new pickups, benchings, injuries and how they might effect u, etc. and im always seeing something new thanks to physics(not perfect but does a dang decent job). if u play that, you will not even wanna play ea football anymore outta disgust.
I am very excited to read that because EA claims that the FIFA commentary system is in Madden 13 and I presume NCAA 13 too. We may be in for a treat with regards to commentary this year is that FIFA system produces the NBA2k quality commentary for EA football games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »