Home

FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

This is a discussion on FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I hope not. I can think of soooooo many things they should tackle first before using the memory on more teams. 85 man rosters would be one.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: FCS Finally Back In NCAA 2013?

Honestly, I don't care about the FCS teams being there or not until EA makes a game that actually plays like football out of the box and applies realistic physics and momentum. Until then, FCS teams just are a waste of valuable time they could be using to fix the extremely broken game they released to us =/
Old 03-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
3- Outside of OS, most people don't care (An oddly high amount of people don't even know what the FCS is)
Actually there is a very broad fan base for FCS teams...especially when you look at all of the people who aren't on OS who take the time to create FCS teams in Teambuilder.

FCS schools have fans too, and quite a few have very huge alumni/fan bases.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Actually there is a very broad fan base for FCS teams...especially when you look at all of the people who aren't on OS who take the time to create FCS teams in Teambuilder.

FCS schools have fans too, and quite a few have very huge alumni/fan bases.
I recognize that the FCS schools have fans (Hence my Avatar) but they don't have as large fan bases as the FBS schools and IK most of my friends who have this game don't care about them.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8

Here is what i don't understand, when the "disc space" argument comes up

NCAA Basketball 2010 (from Wikipedia)
The game includes 325 of the 347 schools in NCAA Division I. Eight Programs that are fully classified as D-I were left out as well as 13 transitional programs.[6] Division II Chaminade is playable in the included Maui Invitational Tournament.

Okay, so they can pull that off for Basketball.

If you take the total of FCS: 122 and FBS: 120 that gives you a total of 242 schools. That is 83 schools less than what they put in NCAA Basketball 2010.

Also in NCAA Basketball 2010 they were able to be coaches of those FCS programs. So, the argument of disc space is a weak one from EA Sports, just doesn't hold water with me. If a crapp basketball game can have it, why can't one of their flagship games not?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #14
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

This thread should really be merged with this one.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fcs-teams.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog

Quote:
The game includes 325 of the 347 schools in NCAA Division I. Eight Programs that are fully classified as D-I were left out as well as 13 transitional programs.[6] Division II Chaminade is playable in the included Maui Invitational Tournament.

If you take the total of FCS: 122 and FBS: 120 that gives you a total of 242 schools. That is 83 schools less than what they put in NCAA Basketball 2010.

Also in NCAA Basketball 2010 they were able to be coaches of those FCS programs. So, the argument of disc space is a weak one from EA Sports, just doesn't hold water with me. If a crapp basketball game can have it, why can't one of their flagship games not?
Two things that you are not taking into account with the disk space argument

1. Roster size: Let's say each of those 325 D-I schools in the basketball game has 10 players on their roster. That's 3250 players. Now if you take the 242 D-I football teams and let's just say each roster is full (70 players). That would be 16,940 players.
2. Arena/Stadium size. I would imagine the larger football stadiums would take more disk space than the smaller basketball arenas.

However, as a counterpoint, this didn't limit there being close to 80 I-AA/FCS teams on the PS2 version of the game which obviously didn't have as much disk space as the PS3 version.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 03-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #15
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

there is now big enough market for FCS schools outside of OS here... And personally, I would rather see real to life stadiums for FBS schools and 85 man rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog

EA's argument would be that the football roster size is much bigger than a basketball roster, so there wouldn't be enough disc space to have all these teams.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »