Home

Can't import draft classes into Madden 13

This is a discussion on Can't import draft classes into Madden 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #57
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Can't import draft classes into Madden 13

It's also funny that EA just put in the new mock draft stuff with projected rounds when they know it's not even really necessary because the players can't even be used at the next level.

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 06-05-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #58
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
It's also funny that EA just put in the new mock draft stuff with projected rounds when they know it's not even really necessary because the players can't even be used at the next level.
They did that because they knew you couldn't actually take your players from NCAA to Madden this year. They wanted to give the users at least some reward for when their players careers are over in NCAA.

Everyone's been dogging everything EA has released in terms of NCAA footage and announcements this year, and it's for good reason. The NCAA team knew the hand they were dealt, and they basically phoned it in this year. Who can blame them really? I'm betting they didn't put nearly as much time, effort, or cash into the development cycle this year, and that's a good move on EA's part because NCAA isn't going to bring in a whole lot of cash this year.

I for one don't care because I wasn't going to buy either game before today, and after today it still stands that neither game will get anywhere near my home.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #59
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

Just cancelled my pre-order of Madden. I know the draft classes were screwed up, but connecting the careers of NCAA to Madden was much more important to me than "Connected Careers"...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKEnialb
Just cancelled my pre-order of Madden. I know the draft classes were screwed up, but connecting the careers of NCAA to Madden was much more important to me than "Connected Careers"...

Maddden makes the biggest changes in its history is a positive direction

you respond with I am canceling my order, falling on your sword over a video game.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #61
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I had already decided not to get NCAA with all the problems last year, plus the lack of change this year (thanks Heisman Challenge!). I haven't purchased Madden since 06 or 07 and was considering it with the improvements they were making this year. However, this news will put an end to that. Even though I wouldn't have NCAA, I could have gotten the draft classes offline. To me, having the real players makes the franchise mode much more realistic.

Oh well. Thanks EA for saving me $130 this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #62
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis420
What's the point of buying NCAA this year, if you can't import classes into Madden? I like NCAA, but now it's just a stand alone game this year.
Just the opposite reaction for me. What's the point of getting Madden this year? I am a franchise mode guy, a mode which is useless if I can't get real-life college players in the first 4-5 years of my franchise. There was a problem importing draft classes this year. That, combined with issues I had with the pre-snap shifts being so much more of a chore than in the past, caused me to just put Madden away for good after only a couple of games. It makes a nice coaster right now. I won't make that mistake again.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #63
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Not having the RTP for this year bothers me, but only because of how jolting it will be switching from playing Madden back to NCAA. Not being able to import draft picks might be a deal breaker, tho. That was always one of the main reasons I bought NCAA in the first place. I have both games pre-ordered at Amazon, but now I'm not sure what to do. Guess I've got about a month to decide if I should cancel or not. Really disappointed.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKEnialb
I agree. EA will ALWAYS manage to counteract the good stuff they add each year by destroying the game in other ways. This was the biggest selling point for the EA Sports games and now it's gone for some reason I don't know.. They probably didn't feel like fixing the problems it had. No wonder EA was voted worst company in America.. Or was it world?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »