Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSmooth
I don't play online. So that solves like 80%of the problem right there. When I play my offline dynasty, I stick with a 60/40 run first philosophy, or dink and dunk passing. I rarely try passes of more than 15 yards down field unless the situation dictates otherwise.

If and when either I or the CPU runs a streak pattern and throws it to tha WR, it's at best 50/50 it'll be caught. And that's a high estimate. Sometimes if I pump fake first it the saftey might bite and it's a TD, sometimes the pump fake gets me sacked. Sometimes I think I have the guy open and I overthrow or rainbow too much and it's picked. When the CPU does it, if it's caught then it sucks but that's football. But most of the time the CPU throws deep I'll have a CB or S there to at least knock it down.

And just in case you're wondering, i play on AA with no sliders and I can beat the teams I'm supposed to beat and I've lost gamed against the better rated CPU games as often as I beat them... There's rarely if ever a time I felt like I won or lost a game due to an exploit or glitch....maybe I can complain about players slipping too much in rain games but that's nit-picky
This post here is exactly my experience with this game. I also play on AA with only penalty changes everything else on default and I'm completely satisfied

I don't critique games as hard as some and that could be why I'm enjoying this game the way it is. Personally i don't believe we will ever see a game that is nearly flawless.

Hopefully a patch comes and corrects some of the issues in this thread

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

Count me as somebody who can't play the game at the moment due to this issue. I mean sure busted coverages and mistakes in the secondary do happen in real life, but the frequency that it happens in the game is not realistic. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't seem to matter if the defense your facing is great defense with a great secondary, they still get beat deep way too frequently. If I play a great secondary I don't expect the deep ball to be open multiple times.

I have personally tried everything to fix this issue. I have played games on every difficult, messed with the CPU's pass coverage slider, edited player defensive player ratings and adjusted the coaching aggressiveness sliders. None of those have decreased the amount of busted coverages to a reasonable level, so at this point a tuner or another patch is the only way this can fixed. I am sure you just sit and there and not throw any deep patterns, but that really is a last resort that eliminates a key part of the game.

Nobody is asking for a perfect game, clearly that isn't possible with any type of game. However, a game where I can't beat a defense the caliber of Alabama or LSU by using an inferior team on Heisman, by completing multiple deep balls, isn't an unreasonable request. This seems like the kind of thing that could be addressed in a tuner, without the need for another patch.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-09-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #35
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

OVR: 0

Sorry Matt, but it does happen IRL

You picked a 43 with one high fs to combat 4wr personnel, really, the pressure didn't get there, which is the real culprit to the db's getting exposed all of the time, lets check this out for a second,

this actually happens irl due to miscommunication and lack of pressure, in cfb, guys cant cover for too long, **** breaks down wayyyyy too often in cfb bro, so if i were you, id complain about the lack of pressure

oh, and learn Ur personnel man, 43 vs 4wr set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #36
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't care anymore. I just don't. I can't. So I just go out and exploit the hell out of it against the CPU in my OD. Our conference always comes down to Human vs. Human record (where the problem NEVER happens) anyway, so whatever. I had a 84 OVR WR end the season with 3000+ yards and 32 TDs.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul24NDLAL12

You picked a 43 with one high fs to combat 4wr personnel, really, the pressure didn't get there, which is the real culprit to the db's getting exposed all of the time, lets check this out for a second,

this actually happens irl due to miscommunication and lack of pressure, in cfb, guys cant cover for too long, **** breaks down wayyyyy too often in cfb bro, so if i were you, id complain about the lack of pressure

Of course busted coverage and miscommunication happen in real life, but not at the frequency that they happen in the game. That is the point. Great defenses, in particular, should not allowing multiple deep balls in one game against inferior teams.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 09-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul24NDLAL12

Whether or not he used 43 personnel or dime or nickel does not change the fact that far too often the safeties do this zig zag/broken coverage animation. We are not complaining that ithappens, we are complaining that it happens far too often.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Seriously, this isn't about busted coverages, guys. There is a big difference of the animation of someone who messes up coverage versus someone who starts sprinting towards the sideline to cover noone.

I think the DB Glitch is alive - and some of you who think it's just me experiencing it are in denial. Just watch any "busted" coverage and see if the result of the play wasn't due to a safety/db running towards nothing or noone.

Thanks to those of you who have contributed in providing your own experiences. I was already confident it wasn't just me or wasn't mismatched coverages. The entire slider section has virtually died because of this issue - that is saying something.

Last edited by Matt10; 09-10-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #40
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Your poll is completely biased, just thought I'd throw that out there. Where is the option for "I'm enjoying the game despite knowing that the secondary sometimes does something stupid like this because I don't call 4 verts every play."

Or any other option besides "The game is broken I can't play it, I'm a dirty cheeser who exploits the cpu, and I only care about the uniforms."

I only see this happen maybe once or twice a game playing in my offline dynasties. Maybe it's because I'm not trying to find it or exploit it but I see it about as often as someone would blow a coverage in real life.

The time I see it there is usually an underneath route that the safety will jump and not be over the top. Hardly ever so I see what you showed there where he runs towards no one.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »