Home

NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree

This is a guest post from forum user JLoco11. Be sure to check him out on his arena page here on OS.

There is no true right or wrong way to fill out your coaching skills. Some of you will want game management if you have a high ranked coach. Some will start at the bottom of the skill tree and work your way up. This is a mini-guide on the Recruiting Tree only from level 1. This is not a Game Management guide.

Read More - NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Nice write up. I would want to choose slowest. I mean, there's only so many skills and it would feel dumb to max everything out after your third or fourth year. Also I don't think you lose skill points or unlocks so you basically reach max level and then are done.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Nice write up. I would want to choose slowest. I mean, there's only so many skills and it would feel dumb to max everything out after your third or fourth year. Also I don't think you lose skill points or unlocks so you basically reach max level and then are done.
I am playing slowest on my Hawaii dynasty and just hit level 2 in my fifth game of the season with a 3-2 record. Seems like the speed I want to progress, given if I stay just about 500 and play like I have I would expect to finish 10 years as an average to above average coach. If I can coach my way to better teams, stats and performance will go up and so will my levels per season. The skill tree has some major boots in it and I would like to make sure I feel like I earn them rathen than finish one season with 9 wins at Hawaii and have half my skills unlocked.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
That's exactly how I feel. It needs to feel organic kind of like CH2K8 where it would take years and tons of success to max out all the coach attributes. I really don't want it to feel like a gimmick where you max everything out within a couple years and then dominate.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Great job on this Loco ... I think I want to go with the slowest setting. My goal is to build a juggernaut, but once I get there I get tired of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
Banned

rhodeisland1982's Arena

OVR: 0

Great read. I might dictate the speed I go based on my plans/what school I'm at. This guide helps a lot.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Great guide, great write up, great everything. Helpful in countless ways. Thanks so much!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1
When you set a skill tree progression to a certain level, will CPU coaches progress at the same rate too? E.g. when I set it on slow, do the CPU coaches progress on "slow" as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »