Home

So Now That We Can Import Draft Picks To Madden 25...

This is a discussion on So Now That We Can Import Draft Picks To Madden 25... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #25
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: So Now That We Can Import Draft Picks To Madden 25...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Here's what I'm wondering:

In NCAA 14 offseason, it actually tells you where your players went in the draft. I'm interested to see if this is exactly the case in M25 (mostly, as your "man" draft will be off in M25, obviously). This will be another cheat guide of epic proportions, if so.
That is true. It would be awesome if these classes worked in a way that the mock draft wasn't completely accurate (like the ones in real life aren't) and if you export the class you could see guys get drafted much higher than expected (reaches) or see them take an unexpected slip through a round or two (Aaron Rodgers, Geno Smith).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #26
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

I personally feel there will still be variance between Madden and NCAA, because NCAA is only looking at their OVR's as long as they fit the size requirement, with a small factor regarding what class the player is. Madden will be importing this group of players and there's no telling what the teams picking will value based on the whole scheme profile that it applies to each player.

I do hope the ratings translations are a bit better where many stars in college come in with a good "rookie" rating in the NFL, but I would still hope Madden leaves room for gems and busts on their end. Not every 99 from NCAA should end up a superstar in the NFL, and not every 85-86 from NCAA should be a 7th rounder (or if they are, they should occasionally still surprise you with their rating).
Old 08-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #27
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Will we be able to import our RTG players into career mode?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03
anyone know a guaranteed way to get juniors to leave early? I have an awesome draft class but my 99 junior wr that won heisman is staying put. I need him in this draft class.

I tried to lower his overall to 85 hoping he would go in a lower round but no go

I would just find a Senior on his team and change his name, likeness and attributes. That's what I did if I really wanted him to go for sure. It's the easiest way if you've already started your Franchise.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just curious, in the older Madden (forgot which year it was), did they ever get around to patch the glitch where the QB would come in with lineman arms?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #30
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanest88
I pray the the ratings for the draftee will be accurate. In past games I have had all 99's in NCAA and when they are drafted in Madden they are dropped significantly. Some to 70s, 60s, or a rare 80. Its ridiculous and one of the most annoying things ever. I dont care what player it is, his talent would not drop that significantly. Things like awareness and maybe injury would drop. Seeing as its a different game. But intagibles such as throwing power, throwing accuracy, speed, accleration, catching, and others would not change! if a qb comes out of college with a certain arm power it would not change! if the guy throw 60 yards he wont all of a sudden only be able to throw 40 because he is in the nfl

For these ratings, let say there is a 99 overall QB. Lets say its Bridgewater, there is no way that he should enter the NFL anywhere close to that 99 rating. Compared to the rest of the college players, he is a beast, however when he moves to the NFL, he cant have the same ratings, except maybe arm strength. Even accuracy would change, as he has to adapt to the speed of the pro game, therefore probably rushing a few throws, or just having a case of the yips in the pocket.

I think that the ratings should be lowered, otherwise, you will be having a draft class full of all pros each and every year
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 08-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #31
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunner
For these ratings, let say there is a 99 overall QB. Lets say its Bridgewater, there is no way that he should enter the NFL anywhere close to that 99 rating. Compared to the rest of the college players, he is a beast, however when he moves to the NFL, he cant have the same ratings, except maybe arm strength. Even accuracy would change, as he has to adapt to the speed of the pro game, therefore probably rushing a few throws, or just having a case of the yips in the pocket.

I think that the ratings should be lowered, otherwise, you will be having a draft class full of all pros each and every year
There are great college players who turn out to be duds in the NFL, so I agree with what you are saying. Vince Young being a prime example, a much more dominant Bridgewater who didn't do much in the NFL. Tim Couch, Akili Smith, etc. The list can go on and on about great college players who couldn't find success in the NFL.

There definitely needs to be a nice roll for each attribute to convert NCAA skills to Madden. Noel Devine was a super quick player in college, but in the NFL he wasn't super quick. Some players can adapt to the speed of the nfl better than others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
There are great college players who turn out to be duds in the NFL, so I agree with what you are saying. Vince Young being a prime example, a much more dominant Bridgewater who didn't do much in the NFL. Tim Couch, Akili Smith, etc. The list can go on and on about great college players who couldn't find success in the NFL.

There definitely needs to be a nice roll for each attribute to convert NCAA skills to Madden. Noel Devine was a super quick player in college, but in the NFL he wasn't super quick. Some players can adapt to the speed of the nfl better than others.
Think of the numbers as relative to the rest of the players in the league. A 99 in college means he is better than %99 of the players in college. So he wouldn't be a 99 when he goes to the nfl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »