Home

NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #73
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

Wait, I thought EA was randomizing ratings because of this lawsuit? Wouldn't that mean these ratings aren't accurate toward real players? Or if they are, isn't that more ammunition toward the lawsuit?

Watch me play video games
Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #74
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide78980
The hate against McCarron is a little ridiculous. He deserved a 97 but the Black Mamba was a little overrated. He was a BACKUP RB last year, you know...
You must not have watched Oregon play. He was a secondary running back sure. But he was also one of our biggest deep threats on the outside, and a great albeit rarely used slot receiver. He was our kick returner and punt returner. He played all over the field and did a lot of great things for us. He's explosive and one of the best playmakers I've seen in awhile at multiple positions.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #75
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Eh, I just feel like this team is a little too liberal with their overall ratings still. Back in Madden 10, there was a push to scale down ratings to differentiate the elite, good, average, and poor players and everywhere between. It was eliminated shortly after, but I always hold out hope that it will make a return in either Madden or NCAA.

The interesting thing about Manziel is that his strengths in real-life can't be really be expressed in this game. I think that the developers need to re-calculate their overall formula along with adding trait features to their players so that players like Johnny Manziel or the former Gator's phenom Tim Tebow can come to life. And I don't even want to get started on the continued lack of short, medium, and deep passing ratings...

Overall though, it's a difficult thing to accurately judge based on limited film. Afterall, most of these players have less than 30 games under their belt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #76
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

All ratings are a little too high imo, but I kind of expected it from EA. The top 15 (these top 15 anyhow) revised should look something like this. (although I would probably remove a couple of these players, and insert replacements not mentioned.) The Left Bold is what I think the opsports community rosters will set them as. The right Bold is what I think they should be realistically.

99/
99/98 OVR – Jadeveon Clowney DE#7 – South Carolina – JR
97/96/94 OVR – Johnny Manziel QB#2 – Texas A&M – SO(RS)
97/92/90 OVR – De’Anthony Thomas HB#6 – Oregon – JR
97/93/90 OVR – A.J. McCarron QB#10 – Alabama – SR(RS)
97/96/93 OVR – Marqise Lee WR#9 – USC – JR
97/93/91 OVR – C.J. Mosley MLB#32 – Alabama – SR
96/94/91 OVR – Braxton Miller QB#5 – Ohio State – JR
96/95/92 OVR – Teddy Bridewater QB#5 – Louisville – JR
96/96/94 OVR – Jake Matthews LT#75 – Texas A&M – SR
96/92/90 OVR – Aaron Murray QB#11 – Georgia – SR(RS)
96/95/93 OVR – Taylor Lewan LT#77 – Michigan – SR(RS)
95/93/91 OVR – Tahj Boyd QB#10 – Clemson – SR(RS)
95/94/92 OVR – Sammy Watkins WR#2 – Clemson – JR
95/92/89 OVR – Denicos Allen ROLB#28 – Michigan State – SR(RS)
94/94/92 OVR – Ka’Deem Carey HB#25 – Arizona – JR

The two Bama guys had the biggest drop-off, I know. But its not because I'm a Bama *****. They by far have more depth than any team in the country, and just imo, I think it benefits them all substantially.

Carey should be the best back in the game. No way Black Mamba should be rated that high.

A short list of guys I would consider moving into top 15 possibly for community rosters...

Anthony Barr- 92
Bradley Roby- 92
Jordan Matthews- 91
Devonte Fields-91
Will Sutton- 91
Marcus Mariota- 90
T.J. Yeldon - 90
Shaq Thomspon- 90
Todd Gurley- 89
Jordan Lynch- 89
Brett Hundley- 88

Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #77
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Lol what? I can't stand Bama, but this is just plain dumb. Kid just went 30 TDs to 3 INTs last season.
I just switch the overall number around like he a 97 maybe 79
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #78
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
All ratings are a little too high imo, but I kind of expected it from EA. The top 15 (these top 15 anyhow) revised should look something like this. (although I would probably remove a couple of these players, and insert replacements not mentioned.) The Left Bold is what I think the opsports community rosters will set them as. The right Bold is what I think they should be realistically.

99/
99/98 OVR – Jadeveon Clowney DE#7 – South Carolina – JR
Wait, so you have Clowney at a 98? Am I reading that right?

If so, I defy you to name a player more deserving of a 99 overall. I do believe those ratings should be reserved for once in a generation talent, but he is just that.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #79
Rookie

I think they should make it so players are more physical when they play rivalry games. I think it would be cool if players got up in eachothers faces.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #80
Rookie

I do hate how at the end of a play, players still walk around like they are crazy. Inside kicks look stupid because as soon as the play is dead, the players just walk away like nothing happened

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »