Home

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

This is a discussion on NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #17
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA FOOTBALL 14 Scheme & Playbook for dynasty discussion

Who has the best nonsense? Besides GT of course.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Who has the best nonsense? Besides GT of course.
Army, Oregon, maybe Navy.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #19
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

I like to match my style of play to the team that I put on the field. I will try to recruit different styles of players (especially QBs) so I can adapt the philosophy to them. My playbook will feature sets that fit different styles. Some spread, some read option, some pro style, some run heavy, some trick plays, etc.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
Rookie

tigerfan2's Arena

OVR: 6

If the improvements to the option game make the flexbone, wingbone, and wishbone fun to run again, I will definitely be using them. Otherwise I will probably go spread option in the gus malzhan style.

As for defense, in real life I have become quite the fan of the 4-2-5 over the past couple of years and used that as my playbook last year. So I will probably do that again, but I just hope that it got a few changes that makes it a little more life like.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #21
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I've always had a hard time running out of the shotgun, so I usually go with a pro-style attack. I have recently switched to a one-back offense. I find that the fullback isn't usually useful for me, and the one-back lets me get under center to keep that power running game while still opening it up and giving me 3 or even 4 receivers on the field.

I like some of the pistol playbooks too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

For offense I'll be running a no huddle air raid/spread option offense. So like always I'll make a custom playbook. I've noticed it's definitely easier getting my rb going with the ground game by stretching the d by passing.

For defense I always make a custom playbook with the 3-3-5 as my base with some 4-2-5 mixed in. I'll also have the 3-4 If I'm getting gashed against the run. And the 4-3 for the redzone. My main strategy is to COMPLETELY shutdown my opponents run and force him to pass. It makes it easier to play defense. Just like Nick Saban and Kirby Smart they take away 1 thing and force you to beat them another way.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
Pro

amoore0192's Arena

OVR: 7

A power spread option attack with Florida. Using a lot of TE, FB sets. I'll have a power QB, two burners in the backfield and a third back (slot back) in 85% of the time. The Counter option is going to be HUGE in my play book. On defense I call it a Spur40, base 40 front, big DT, pass rushing DE. Run stuffing ILB, best athletes at FS and hybrid LB/S at the spur spots. Finally, pure cover corners.

CUSTOM COVERS
&
CUSTOM UNIFORM DESIGNS
Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #24
Rookie

dubvcrazy's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll be running a no huddle spread option and a no huddle air raid as well. I used to run spread option (like what Rich Rod ran at WVU) exclusively, but since Holgorsen came to WVU I've learned the air raid and ran it exclusively last year. Since the spread option is going to be good this year, I'll be using both offenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »