Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Includes Heisman Trophy But Not Other Major Awards

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Includes Heisman Trophy But Not Other Major Awards within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2024, 10:38 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports College Football 25 Includes Heisman Trophy But Not Other Major Awards

EA Sports College Football 25 will feature the Heisman Trophy for the most outstanding player in...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 10:42 AM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Will Not Include Top Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The list of awards include the Bednarik, Biletnikoff, Davey O’Brien, Doak Walker, Grozo, Jim Thorpe, Maxwell, Outland and Ray Guy. The assumption is the Heisman Trophy, which is operated by the Heisman Trust, will be included in the game.

https://www.on3.com/os/news/national...e-football-25/

Kind of disappointing with regards to immersion, but very low on the list of important things IMO. They can just give the awards generic names and keep on moving.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:51 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Kind of disappointing with regards to immersion, but very low on the list of important things IMO. They can just give the awards generic names and keep on moving.
I agree. Lower on the totem pole. It won't be deal breaker to see Top QB as opposed to Davey O'Brien or Offensive Player of Year opposed to Maxwel.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:22 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Not a big deal to me.

Honestly, when you start to incorporate “brands” etc, their usage rules/guidelines can start to become hindrances to a game as they dictate what can/can’t be done.

For Offline play, provide the User an editing suite & rename as they see fit, since it will be offline & secluded to just their console.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:02 PM   #5
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

These sorts of denials for lack of adequate compensation are always a little odd to me. It's not like the association is a profit-generating business, unless there's some sort of contractual obligation that certain dollar figures have to go out to each individual award holder (like royalties), and the amount EA offered wouldn't cover it.

It's a very minor disappointment, however. In some of the old games individual awards had generic names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2024, 12:25 PM   #6
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Does not make or break anything for me. If the gameplay is great, good rosters, that is what I care about. I agree with what someone else said. The Words Top QB is good enough for me
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-08-2024, 12:39 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
These sorts of denials for lack of adequate compensation are always a little odd to me. It's not like the association is a profit-generating business, unless there's some sort of contractual obligation that certain dollar figures have to go out to each individual award holder (like royalties), and the amount EA offered wouldn't cover it.

It's a very minor disappointment, however. In some of the old games individual awards had generic names.
Yeah seriously.

It's like "hey, we're offering you some money. You literally don't have to do anything, and you're not some profit generating business in need of some kind of brand protection. Take the money for doing literally nothing." And they say no to that? Wolpert's comments in that article just made me legit lol

Their exclusion doesn't move the needle for me. It's a bit disappointing from an immersion standpoint, but it's pretty low value. It would be a different story if EA wasn't still going to give some generic "top qb", "top rb", etc. That does not seem to be the case, and so not having some specific award names isn't an issue. Maybe even an improvement since it's easier to understand exactly which position group an award is for
Old 03-08-2024, 03:40 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »