Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #49
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
So if you have a +150 bonus, and give them 0 points, you will still get +150 points?
Yes. You get the bonus points regardless of whether you have put any points from the pool of points into them, so long as they are on your board.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Yes. You get the bonus points regardless of whether you have put any points from the pool of points into them, so long as they are on your board.
Leads me to believe 2 things.

1) The computer does not use any remaining points that you don't use, considering they are getting some points anyways. (however using my all offense dynasty the computer targeted 10 defensive guys and only 1 had 50 points by him. Either I did that by accident or the computer does use some.)

2) Having 35 guys on your list is a good thing even if you are only actively targeting 10 of them or so.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #51
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
So I jut did my first offseason...had about 9 guys left on my board...the guys I really want I put 2,500 on each and the lesser guys I put 1,250...I landed none of them! What!?! I'm OU for Christs sake...and two or three were position of needs I was leading all year long....I basically just am going to restart my Dynasty an just practice on recruiting now lol

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #52
Rookie

Masakra's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm no expert but I've developed a method that has worked miracles for me regardless of how highly ranked or mediocre your school is...

1) When the season first begins, go through your depth chart and figure out what players in what positions you need. (Tip: Plan ahead...if you have 1 SR and 3 JRs at DE, you might wanna start recruiting in multiples THIS YEAR b/c its going to come back to bite you when you have to recruit 2* and 1* DEs when you could have had at least a 3* that you redshirted from last year)

2) Make a priority list based on POSITION (i.e. QB, HB, DT, etc.)

3) Go through your pipeline and neighboring states and find those guys based on your priorities and the attributes you look for (i.e. SPD, TAK, BSH, etc.)

4) Make a top 3-6 (depending on HOW MANY of that position you need...generally if I need 1 DE for example, I find go after the top 2-3 on my scouting list...if I need 2 DEs, I recruit 4-5, etc.)

5) You make the recruiting list based on 2-4 priority positions! That way, you should only have about 10-15 players on your list max. Once you recruited a position fully, you move onto the next one on your priority list.

And that's it!
I know it sounds like you might spend half to 3/4's of your regular season recruiting 2-4 positions, but when you have that many points going to a small list of players, you sign them fairly quickly.

But that's just my technique so take it with a grain of salt. Best of luck!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
So I jut did my first offseason...had about 9 guys left on my board...the guys I really want I put 2,500 on each and the lesser guys I put 1,250...I landed none of them! What!?! I'm OU for Christs sake...and two or three were position of needs I was leading all year long....I basically just am going to restart my Dynasty an just practice on recruiting now lol

Did they sign with anyone or not sign at all?

Last year EA patched an issue where the computer was not giving a good majority of 4 and 5 star guys scholarships which made it easy to jump in and get them. I hope they do the same this year.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #54
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Did they sign with anyone or not sign at all?

Last year EA patched an issue where the computer was not giving a good majority of 4 and 5 star guys scholarships which made it easy to jump in and get them. I hope they do the same this year.
No they all singed with sumone else...some to big schools like bama and Texas A&M but some to like northwestern and Marshall bahahaha

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's

Last edited by Soonerfan14; 07-07-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
Make sure to turn autosave OFF so you can reload if that happens.

Sounds cheap, but it's better than having to start over...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #56
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
This is a fair point. I re-started a Mizzou dynasty last night and got a few weeks in. I used the following house rules, which I felt were sensible and realistic: anyone who has me in their top ten to start is fair game; the only non-interested 5 stars I can add have to be from Missouri; the only non-interested 4 stars have to be from Texas; I can recruit three stars from anywhere. After a few weeks of this, I'm already seeing a huge difference in terms of getting into battles or going after guys I can tell I won't have a chance with. It isn't the ideal scenario, but it works for me.
Some good ideas there, thanks for sharing them. My class is shaping up quite nicely, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to start implementing some house rules.

Here's what I've been doing in my most recent dynasty before 14:
  • can only sign 1 national recruit (from a state outside SEC states)
  • limited to a max of 8 4* or better recruits per class
  • try not to oversign. (ideally I would only be cutting 2 or 3 players per season)

Those were working well for me to manage the incoming talent level and not dominate recruiting without even breaking a sweat.

I've not progressed to the end of my first season in 14 yet, but I can already see that I'll likely have to do the house rules again, and that's ok. In a perfect world I'd prefer the game to offer a recruiting difficulty setting, but I'll manage.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »