Home

CPU variance in the second half?

This is a discussion on CPU variance in the second half? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU variance in the second half?

Hello,

As I’ve been messing with various sliders and game settings over the last few months, I’ve noticed one thing that seems to happen more often than not:

I’m playing team that is either superior (5-10 OVR points higher) or is just up big after the first half - then the second half rolls around they stop being aggressive, turn almost predictably towards the run and the QB more often than not settles for short passes/QB scrambles (even if they are pocket passers).

What this does is allow me to climb back into games I would normally have no business climbing back into (even the defenses softens up) and really ruins the realism of it all - I wouldn’t mind if it happened once in a while but it feels almost 50/50 at this point.

Is there some way to fix this? If the CPU at least stayed aggressive it would correct a lot it feels like.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: CPU variance in the second half?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish2Go
Hello,

As I’ve been messing with various sliders and game settings over the last few months, I’ve noticed one thing that seems to happen more often than not:

I’m playing team that is either superior (5-10 OVR points higher) or is just up big after the first half - then the second half rolls around they stop being aggressive, turn almost predictably towards the run and the QB more often than not settles for short passes/QB scrambles (even if they are pocket passers).

What this does is allow me to climb back into games I would normally have no business climbing back into (even the defenses softens up) and really ruins the realism of it all - I wouldn’t mind if it happened once in a while but it feels almost 50/50 at this point.

Is there some way to fix this? If the CPU at least stayed aggressive it would correct a lot it feels like.

Thanks!
Turn fatigue off.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Turn fatigue off.
Is it really that simple? Can you please explain what that will do to the CPU’s offensive gameplan?
Old 12-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Turn fatigue off.
This.

It's all explained here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...er-thread.html
Old 12-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #5
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish2Go
Is it really that simple? Can you please explain what that will do to the CPU’s offensive gameplan?
Fatigue in this game is totally broken - impacts CPU far more than user, they lose all their edge by the half. I used to routinely make 21 point comebacks on the CPU. That's happened maybe 5 times since I turned off fatigue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Thank you for this link - reading through it though I have two questions:

1) What do ppl use for formation subs to offset the fatigue (and how do you use formation subs in general)?

2) What did everyone mean by “changing the injury rating”?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »