Home

NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

Yeah me too. I put in ps2 NCAA 07 and started playing around with it. Had a blast.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Been playing this way for over 15 years, when EA allows it. :-)
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Hopefully they fix this too, last year it seemed to work right.
I got word from carnalnirvana the other day regarding this issue. The QBA slider is the same as last year. It affects the velocity and trajectory of the ball...not accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Now that I know what kind of gamer I am I can see saving a ton of money and advancing pretty deep in dynasties.

I used to feel detached from my team playing cpu vs cpu but I now see that's because I'd start the game then go do something else. If you actually watch them play you get just as immersed as coach mode.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Major cpu v cpu player across all games here, for too long to remember.

Couple of issues with NCAA 14 which I'm sure will be resolved in a patch:

At the moment you can't leave a game to play on it's own - there is a bug which sometimes kicks in after a TD which means you have to press a button for the XP otherwise there is a delay of game and the game just sits.

I noticed yesterday that the scorebug is emptied and the stats that pop after each play no longer show - this seems to be caused by a studio update in dynasty mode. Once you get another update it seems to refresh the screen.

Still tweaking with various sliders but the running game (and the option!) is vastly improved.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #14
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Hi Quint, how are you doing? Yes my involvement in Madden has gone the journey since they dropped cpu v cpu in franchise - such a disgrace and it's still not back for this year's iteration.

As for the NHL series I'm hopeful that with the new fighting engine this year that the cpu will actually start a fight against itself. The past few version have had no fights in cpu v cpu mode and it's totally killed the immersion. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with that one for Sept - thankfully I've managed to purchase the US season ticket so can check this out before the UK release.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Major cpu v cpu player across all games here, for too long to remember.

Couple of issues with NCAA 14 which I'm sure will be resolved in a patch:

At the moment you can't leave a game to play on it's own - there is a bug which sometimes kicks in after a TD which means you have to press a button for the XP otherwise there is a delay of game and the game just sits.

I noticed yesterday that the scorebug is emptied and the stats that pop after each play no longer show - this seems to be caused by a studio update in dynasty mode. Once you get another update it seems to refresh the screen.

Still tweaking with various sliders but the running game (and the option!) is vastly improved.
I knew it was a good idea to start this thread! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I knew it was a good idea to start this thread! Lol
Good to see you've made the leap over NoleFan - ha ha....I'm on PS3. Graphically it's a lot better this year imo and the infinity engine takes the series much further. I'm disappointed with the sound, specifically the crowd - the volume seems too low and they don't interject where you would expect, say after a big play...sometimes they do but it's not consistent.

This is just a minor point though as the gameplay in cpu v cpu mode is the most critical. I wonder whether the running improvements have been overdone but it's certainly a lot better than previous years...we can actually watch Georgia Tech now!

I should have my retail version today when the DHL courier turns up, so it may be slightly different to the early release download - perhaps?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »