Home

NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I know there are quite a few of us around that play sports games this way. Post your impressions of EA's latest college football offering here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 14 CPU vs CPU Impressions

I've been doing CPU/CPU games throughout a test dynasty with different sliders and playbooks.

So far my only major gripe is the lack of assisted tackles. I'm a week away from conference championships and my entire defense has maybe five assisted tackles total. Five of my defensive players lead the country in tackles and are up for all sorts of awards, kind of annoying.

So far I haven't found a slider combination that fixes it.

Last edited by prowler; 07-07-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

How's the game look on the field? Is the IE a major upgrade in what might be the last installment on this generation of consoles?

I think most of what I'm trying to find out is if it's worth it to spend the 60 bucks for those of us who play this way. I'm in year 3 in an NCAA 11 dynasty that I have no problem sticking with. Lol

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-07-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I don't have the game...but been doing cpu v cpu on the demo... seems to be really good. Option plays actually work realistically.

The lack of assisted tackles are due to the fact the game was built around 5 min qtrs. So IMO, The best way to balance that out would be...if you up the time (mins per qtr), then try lowering the tackle slider. That should create more tackles that "need help" so to speak. I also believe that threshold plays a factor in this but just a theory of mine that I'd have to test
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Having not played the game, I think the lack of assisted is something that won't bother me too much. So long as none of the major stat categories that awards are based on are jacked I should be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

I am a CPU v CPU player since last year. I am praying the sliders work right to fix the super accuracy issue from last year. Hopefully not a major issue this year. It seemed on the demo it wasn't as bad, but last year they were broke in dynasty mode.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Having not played the game, I think the lack of assisted is something that won't bother me too much. So long as none of the major stat categories that awards are based on are jacked I should be fine.
Hopefully they fix this too, last year it seemed to work right.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I am a CPU v CPU player since last year. I am praying the sliders work right to fix the super accuracy issue from last year. Hopefully not a major issue this year. It seemed on the demo it wasn't as bad, but last year they were broke in dynasty mode.
Wow BC, didn't know you crossed over to the dark side. Haha I recently did as well. Been a coach moder for several years but I finally realized that I'm not a great play caller but am marginally better at trying to put a team together. After converting to cpu vs cpu I've been playing a ton of old games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »