Home

PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

This is a discussion on PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #17
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: PocketScout NCAA 2014 Webpage Creator

11/24/13 (v1.2) - Added Strength of Schedule calculations and pages, added Player Awards, Bowl Games, Made it to where any regular season file can now be processed, fixed Independent Conference standings sorting, various back end bug fixes that caused some files to error out, added Progress bar so you have an indication that the program is still running.

Last edited by PocketScout; 11-24-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

I'm having some issues.

when I copy the reports folder, I lose all the "bling" logo's are replaced with black x's.

If I click on BCS top 25, any hyper link, I get a "Page cannot be displayed".

However, if I click on stuff in the reports folder that was created (Not my copy), I get the "bling"..the logo's however, if I click on any team, I also get a Page cannot be displayed"

So I'm obviously doing something very wrong.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #19
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I'm having some issues.

when I copy the reports folder, I lose all the "bling" logo's are replaced with black x's.

However, if I click on stuff in the reports folder that was created (Not my copy), I get the "bling"..the logo's however, if I click on any team, I also get a Page cannot be displayed"

When you copy the reports folder your copy needs to be in the same directory as the orginial reports folder was in. If it was c:\..\Desktop\NCAA2014\Reports your copy needs to be c:\...\Desktop\NCAA2014\Reports_Season1 or something like that since the logo and helmet files are in the c:\...\Desktop\NCAA2014\HTML directory. If your Reports_Season1 folder is not in the same directory as the HTML you will not have access to the graphics.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #20
MVP

Can you PM me and put all that in english for the computer stupid? What I was doing was right clicking on the "reports" folder, and hitting COPY and then Pasting into another folder called XYZ Dynasty

Also, what do I do about the messages that Page Cannot be displayed? I get it when I click on any helmet, or hyperlink.

If I right click on say team3, and hit open: It opens, however schedule gives me that Page Display thing.

Last edited by pdiehm; 11-24-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #21
MVP

Another thing, my HTML folder is NOT in same directory.

I have a file named NCAA 14. In that folder I have a sub folder called HTML, and another called Reports. Yet, if I create another folder named 2014, and move the database stuff there, the graphics disappear.

Do I just take that reports folder and rename it to: 2014?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #22
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
I'm having some issues.

Also which week was the file from? It sounds like it is not running certain parts of the program. If you can email me the file at [email protected] I can get it lined out quickly and update the program for the possible error.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #23
MVP

the file is from "end of season" stage

I am emailing it now.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #24
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Another thing, my HTML folder is NOT in same directory.

I have a file named NCAA 14. In that folder I have a sub folder called HTML, and another called Reports. Yet, if I create another folder named 2014, and move the database stuff there, the graphics disappear.

Do I just take that reports folder and rename it to: 2014?
In the file you download here should be the following:
DB - Directory
HTML - Directory
Reports - Directory
EAChecksum.dll
MC02Handler.dll
NCAA2014_Webpage_Maker.exe

When NCAA2014_Webpage_Maker.exe runs it grabs the access database that is located in DB. From there it takes your gamesave file and stores its data into the database.

Once that step is complete the next thing is to generate the reports. To do this the NCAA2014_Webpage_Maker.exe grabs data from the databse and then inserts it into forms Ive built then create the webpages in the reports directory.

To view reports the webpages need to see the contents of the HTML directory being on the same child level as the reports directory.

so if when you first download the program you make a folder named NCAA2014 on your desktop then put the zip file contents in it you will have...

..\NCAA2014\DB\
..\NCAA2014\HTML\
..\NCAA2014\Reports\
..\NCAA2014\
..\NCAA2014\EAChecksum.dll
..\NCAA2014\MC02Handler.dll
..\NCAA2014\NCAA2014_Webpage_Maker.exe

Now lets say you want to backup the season copy the Reports directory and name it Reports_Season_01. Now your NCAA2014 folder and contents should look like this.

..\NCAA2014\DB\
..\NCAA2014\HTML\
..\NCAA2014\Reports\
..\NCAA2014\Reports_Season_01\
..\NCAA2014\
..\NCAA2014\EAChecksum.dll
..\NCAA2014\MC02Handler.dll
..\NCAA2014\NCAA2014_Webpage_Maker.exe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »