Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #33
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Really going to need a video guide. I'm really slow at doing things like this without visuals.
Ill get one up this evening for the 360.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5

Roughly how long is the process of doing the playoff, going to and from the xbox and such?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #35
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Resetting Records
You can also use the editor to erase every teams All Time Win - Loss - Tie and Bowl records, Conference Championships and National Championships all under the Team Data tab then Teams tab. This is nice so you can easily see how well each program is doing in your dynasty not there overall life time just what has gone on during your dynasty.

You can also reset you teams record book but be warned simming will not reset the single game records and the National Longest Plays record. Those have to be accomplished playing out games, so I would not suggest modding them.
does anyone know if erasing everyone's history effects any ratings for recruiting?
like the tradition rating, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #36
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack
Roughly how long is the process of doing the playoff, going to and from the xbox and such?
The video Ill post tonight will cover the entire Playoff Process, normally it takes me under 7 minutes or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
does anyone know if erasing everyone's history effects any ratings for recruiting?
like the tradition rating, etc?
No, each team has ratings for how strong their recruiting pitches are, recruiting is directly tied to the teams All Time W/L or Bowl W/L recrods that I have noticed.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

this is all great news. sorry, but i have 2 more questions

One thing that has bothered me for years is that we couldn't expand our stadium. Do you think there would be a way to change the home stadium for a team and somehow still have their team artwork in the endzones? Let's say I'm playing as Florida Atlantic. Make my home stadium be "Met Life" but change the name of the stadium and of course the Location to make it Florida Atlantic's home stadium instead of it showing as a neutral site game in New Jersey. Hope that makes sense.

Not sure why you would other than it might fix a bunch of the custom playbook issues people have been having, but could the editor allow you to move formations around and create your own playbook without having to use their create playbook feature?

Thanks again. You guys are awesome
Old 12-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
The video Ill post tonight will cover the entire Playoff Process, normally it takes me under 7 minutes or so.

No, each team has ratings for how strong their recruiting pitches are, recruiting is directly tied to the teams All Time W/L or Bowl W/L recrods that I have noticed.
Hey Scout...if I'm understanding you right, the changes you make to the dynasty will carry over from season to season, but each season right before the bowls you have to go in and make changes? The game itself won't recognize that the winner of the two games you picked will need to play each other in the BCS title game?

That is a bit confusing to me. So every bowl season (or right before) you'll have to edit it? Do you guess what those teams will be based on the final BCS standings going into the Conference Champ Week?

Sorry if my questions don't make sense. Also, will this work in the online dynasty?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Was it ever determined if you can change teams between conferences?

Being able to change bowl games and schedules will be important if the effort is made to mod the game for the 2014 season and beyond. Being able to change the conference a team in would be nice too, but if not possible it should be doable to major it work with some work arounds and personal bookkeeping.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is a big question for me....is it possible to show degradation on the uniforms like M25 has, even in dry weather? It just bothers me to see clean uniforms throughout the game. Can this be edited in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »