Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2017, 07:03 PM   #313
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
Real Teams call plays multiple times a game. Run it until they stop it! It may look a little different with motions/shifts but that's all window dressing.

I know Ohio State runs Inside Zone, Outside Zone, Power and Counter about 75% of the time I'd guarantee it. Now who is running it variates.
you have an excellent point. When I say "limit" I mean calling the same play from the same formation. For example, I don't say "only 5 zone reads calls all game" but more of "ok from shotgun ace twins, only 5 zone reads tops."

I agree with the "run it until they stop it," in real life. In a video game, however, the defense doesn't wise up enough to do so. They may favor a side, or something like that, but in NCAA 14, a money play is always a money play. I need to limit them to keep a challenge.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-17-2017, 03:53 AM   #314
Pro

Recruiting:
Just recruit realistically. If I'm a 1* school, I'm not recruiting anything more than 3 stars. Those 3 stars will also be lower end 3 stars.

Only scout during the preseason and do not add any points to the scouting portion of the coaching tree. You'll obviously be able to see a recruit in real life do good things but you also want to have some surprise when he gets on campus.

Sometimes I like to create recruits with back stories or super recruits because in real life some freshmen are stars. I won't be the one who recruits them if I'm a bad school but I'll make sure to follow their careers.

Gameplay:

9 minute quarters. Heisman, sliders go
5 5
30 55
40 45
40 50
5 35
25 30
35 30
5 5
25 50
40 60
0 35
50 50
50 100
30 50

I don't like changing users but sometimes I do. This is usually during pursuit when the CPU has gotten in to the open field and I need to take a better angle.
Also, I usually don't user catch but any 50/50 ball I will. It looks and feels more realistic for a receiver to go up and fight for a ball than for him to keep running and let a defender stand there and intercept it, so sometimes I have to attempt it. It usually gets dropped but it can make for some very cool looking catches.

I don't like simming. I may try to add some restrictions on the number of plays in my play book or st least the number I can call. To be honest, I usually have certain plays that I like to run every week and I try to change formations every play call on offense. I ask coach on defense.

And finally, the weirdest thing I do is I kick field goals with my eyes closed. 0 accuracy and power at 40, it makes the ratings really kind of feel like they matter. I've done this a few seasons and with good kickers I've hit 20/25 and with this current season I have a bad kicker who has missed 4 or 5 in the first 5 games (not to mention I've just gotten back in to it). I can also block field goals which is pretty cool when one finally happens.

I want to add character issues and injuries but I'm not quite sure on how, so anybody who has a good method without changing ratings that'd be great. I have a pretty good idea myself but I'd just like to know some thoughts.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #315
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xToXiCxSAVAGEx
I can also block field goals which is pretty cool when one finally happens.
I'm just curious, how do you go about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #316
MVP

Does anyone play with HFA on?Every set of sliders I see has it off
Old 08-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #317
Rookie

I've noticed that too. I like the HFA effects because it seems like it should be hard to win on the road with an inexperienced QB. But everyone turns it off. I think it does some weird stuff to the CPU performance, it always seems like CPU QBs play like **** in the second half of games with it on (even if they're at home).
Old 08-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #318
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj2360
I'm just curious, how do you go about this?
Normal field goal block play,
Adjust d-line to "contain QB"
Control the guy who would be the returner,
Line him up just behind the line and slightly to the outside
Time the snap and the line will open up a hole for you to be able to get your guy through.
Here's a video of one of my blocks. It's obviously easier with agile guys wth high acceleration. I may get one block in a year.

http://youtu.be/_dk-y5oreMY
Old 08-18-2017, 07:28 PM   #319
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
I've noticed that too. I like the HFA effects because it seems like it should be hard to win on the road with an inexperienced QB. But everyone turns it off. I think it does some weird stuff to the CPU performance, it always seems like CPU QBs play like **** in the second half of games with it on (even if they're at home).
The HFA setting is typically turned off due to functionality. It basically serves as a "keep games close" feature rather than its intended use.

The "second half fade" for the CPU is tied into fatigue. My recommendation there is to turn off fatigue in the main menu only (leave it on in dynasty). This will a) give the CPU more "bite" overall and b) help prevent that major drop-off in the 2nd half.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:18 AM   #320
All Star

OVR: 8

I've never done a house rules dynasty in all my years of NCAA Football, but this thread makes it sound a lot of fun.

Pulling from various things I've seen, with a lot of credit going to Pocketscout early in this thread, I'm thinking something like the below.

Kind of a mix between making the experience a little more difficult (though not as much as some others in this thread) and make it mimic real life a little bit more.

Recruiting:
1 - Can only recruit players at my school's prestige level or lower, unless I am in their preseason top 5.
2 - I can preseason scout 1 player for each prestige level of my school - like in real life this leaves me recruiting potential busts. However, also like in real life the best coaching staffs have good talent evaluators. I feel like they should get
3 - Can only sign 1 athlete per season.
4 - Can sign up to 3 more players than I have seniors - This is a bit of a change in philosophy from everything else aiming at realism, but necessary given the ease of recruiting.
5 - 4* & 5* recruits may not be red-shirted with 2 exceptions
- They are a QB - It's the one position where it kind of makes sense
- I was #1 on their preseason recruiting board (and limit 1 per years). My thinking here is that the player was a fan of the team and more than anything wanted to be a part of the school. He would be willing to take a back seat for a year.

Gameplay -
1.) All special teams plays are simulated. I saw someone with this idea earlier in the thread to simulate realism, and I want to try it out.
2.) No more than 1 read-option run per quarter. Just too easy.
3.) Only 1 hot route adjustment per play; can be used after an audible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »