Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2016, 06:12 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

I love just randomly picking another game in the schedule and playing it when two great teams are facing one another (quitting of course right at the end so I don't affect the "integrity" of the season).
Wha????
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 03-02-2016, 08:37 PM   #34
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

I love it because it allows me to edit players in the middle of my dynasty.

So that way I can edit new recruits to fit real recruits. Like in the year 2016 in my dynasty, I can create the top prospects. I go to Ole Miss, and edit their freshman recruit to their real life 5 star recruit Shea Patterson. That way it allows me to have a real and authentic feeling three years later.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboncoms
I love this game so much because I've played the craziest most intense user games against my friends. Just yesterday I played an extremely important late season game that pretty much sealed my fate of not making it to the SEC championship.

I started game with the ball and threw a pick on the first play. My friend then proceeded to score on 1 play putting me in a deep hole. I pretty much matched him until halftime and he went in with a 7 point lead. His WRs had been beating me deep all day and on his first drive in the 2nd half he tried to go deep again. But this time on about a 40 yard pass my corner picked it on the goal line, and I returned it for an 100 yard touchdown.

I continued bringing blitzes and pressure after that and he threw another interception on the next drive. He got rushed and made another bad decision, a pick over the middle.

We both kept scoring and he had the ball with about 2 and half minutes left, down by 7. On 3rd and 4 he tried scrambling with his QB about 5 yards out of the endzone. I hit his QB, who fumbled! But his WR jumped on it and recovered for a 1st down, giving him first and goal from the 1. After he scored I had the ball and was marching down the field. With about a minute and a half left I'm on his 40 yard line. I drop back to pass and he perfectly times the snap and nails my QB. My QB fumbles and his defensive lineman picked it up and returned it 60 yard for a touchdown.

With a minute and a half left and now down by a touchdown I had to march down the field quickly but I got anxious. I forced a throw and I got picked off, sealing my fate.

As frustrated as I was losing the game because of a weird fumble recovery and then a scoop and score it was one of the most exciting games I've ever played in, and that's why I love this game so much.
Kind of an update on this OD, also why I love the game though. Week 13 I've recovered from my 2 losses and I'm ranked 4th. I play my friend who is undefeated, also in the SEC, and 1st in the nation. I smack him down 71-40, and hop up to number 2 in the nation! After smacking down Washington State in week 14 I thought my season would probably result in a nice bowl game because I couldn't make the SEC championship. However somehow throughout championship week my ranking held, and I ended up taking on Syrcause in the National Championship and beating them finally ending my long title drought. I have a lot of trash talking to catch up on now that I'm the reigning Nat'l Champ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #36
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

I like the vast amount of teams, stadiums and playbooks; and the solid game play.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:22 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Wha????
What he means is playing his non-user controlled teams, games all the way to the end, then quitting so the integrity of the season is maintained. I do the same thing where I want to use a different team, different offense, personnel, etc - and then with like a second before the game is over, I'll quit, so the result doesn't stand.

This is what we slider guys do to test in dynasty mode of other teams, that way we can provide feedback not just of our own teams results, but results through game-by-game basis.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:39 PM   #38
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Me and some guys in our Madden league have recently picked this game up again and boy do I miss this game. We all decided to take smaller schools to start and I choice Boise State (granted I chose one of the better smaller schools) but still our first season was really fun and somehow I managed to win the Natty against Michigan State it was so fun!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 03-31-2016, 04:26 PM   #39
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

The most important reason is because I'm more of a college football fan than NFL fan. I like the passion of college football, the rivalries, and the turnover of players over the years. I like being able to make my own schedule. To challenge me experienced stacked team and help my young and up and coming team until they gain that experience.

I like how deep this game is with 126 teams. And in dynasty how you can go back and see each teams season by season results and also see their record books. I also like recruiting players seeing them as true freshman and seeing them off to the NFL as an upperclassman.

Also the importance of every game. One loss could mean the end of your season as far as competing for the National Championship so despite your opponent every game is somewhat of a playoff game.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #40
Rookie

I've been playing Madden 16 on PS4 since christmas and really liked this year. The lack of career mode finally bored me of the game ( I can only make so many bad teams great). So i found my collection of games and put in NCAA 12. Boy it couldn't be more fun. Its such a better game. The whole feel makes me want to keep playing. Now that I'm back into it im thinking about buying NCAA 14. If I go that route I could get the newest rosters and ball out with that for a couple of more years. My question to you guys. Is it worth buying 14 for PS3 or just stay with 12?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »