Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 06:59 PM   #41
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

NCAA 14 is the best game in the series. Well worth upgrading to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #42
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
NCAA 14 is the best game in the series. Well worth upgrading to.

X2

10 chars
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #43
Rookie

kp2025's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey7886
I've been playing Madden 16 on PS4 since christmas and really liked this year. The lack of career mode finally bored me of the game ( I can only make so many bad teams great). So i found my collection of games and put in NCAA 12. Boy it couldn't be more fun. Its such a better game. The whole feel makes me want to keep playing. Now that I'm back into it im thinking about buying NCAA 14. If I go that route I could get the newest rosters and ball out with that for a couple of more years. My question to you guys. Is it worth buying 14 for PS3 or just stay with 12?
I would definitely upgrade to 14. Like the others have said it's the best NCAA game on the PS3. Recruiting is different and whether you like it or not is a matter of taste. I personally like 14's recruiting better than the phone call system previously in play, it actually reminds me of recruiting from the PS2 days, which I enjoyed immensely.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #44
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah I remember when they first showed off the new system in 14. At first I wasn't a fan of it because I didn't feel as "connected" to the kids I was recruiting. But when we got our hands on the game I came around to it because it's so much faster and it makes getting in and out of weeks much quicker. I still miss having that connection with the recruits but still.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 04-09-2016, 01:31 AM   #45
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

After this long the game is starting to show its age and the persistent flaws have bugged me to no end, but after playing Madden I realized I just have more fun with this game overall. It certainly doesn't help that there's no where else to go; I mean to get that college football fix I'll keep coming back to '14 in perpetuity (I personally don't think there will ever be a new NCAA game).

Though I have also dabbled in some older NCAA games (back on the original XBOX) and even those games still have their merits, including some features you can't find anymore. I'll probably have to play a combo of all these for the rest of my life, haha. I'm also hoping for some better college sims to come out in the future (Bowl Bound has a lot of technical issues).

I still think NCAA '14 is the best in the series. It certainly has its flaws and it does favor the offense over the defense, but it showed real improvement from the previous years. If the series had kept going I really think we would have gotten somewhere (at least before the leap to next-gen).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2016, 09:00 PM   #46
Just started!

Tan252's Arena

Personally, NCAA '14 on the PS3 was my first NCAA game I really got into, and I really like it. I had played other games in the series before (from 2010-'14) but I never truly dove into the Dynasty or RTG/Heisman game modes, but from a pure gameplay standpoint, I prefer '14.
I would hope that at some point the series would continue, but for the time being as someone who jumped into the series at the very end, I thoroughly enjoy it. I've tried to go back to Madden with '15 and '16, but it just didn't feel right. I prefer college football to professional in real life (Gig 'em Aggies), and the same goes for gaming.
In my personal opinion, NCAA > Madden. And to get more specific, NCAA '14 > Other NCAA titles.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:16 PM   #47
Just started!

Two Christmas' ago I bought yet another PS3 and installed a SSD just so i could download NCAA 14 from the Playstation store and have installed on the hard drive for quicker load (even though i already owned two of the disks in case one broke). I constantly have come back to this game as i find it superior to Madden (other than the graphics on the PS4). I have enjoyed the ongoing slider discussions on this site and have found that tweaking those made the game seem "brand new" to me. Latest effort at a dynasty saw me claw my way to number 2 in the nation after defeating a top ten Arizona team. Last game of the year versus a 4-7 Temple team already looking forward to Alabama in the BCS. Lost 23 to 15 to Temple as my backs suddenly could not shake any tackles and my Freshman quarterback got impacted by the pressure and threw 4 interceptions. I got to play in the kraft fight hunger bowl instead of the BCS. I enjoy recruiting with restrictions (no 4 stars, no 5 stars, 3 stars have to equal number of seniors leaving), playing as an Indepenent (all service academies at their stadiums every year, BYU, ND, a couple of ACC, Big 10, SEC to balance out, and from now on Temple every year), watching a quarterback miss a wide open receiver because you did not set up but threw on the run, smash mouth power and wishbone formations, having to play against the option, and no automatic touchdown pass plays (at least that i have found). As EA said "it is in the game" and I still love this game.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:41 AM   #48
Rookie

Glory4Lyon's Arena

I still love NCAA 14 because I have no choice but to when I want my college football fix. Good thing it's a great game too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »