Home

TeamBuilder teams in the Editor (WIP)

This is a discussion on TeamBuilder teams in the Editor (WIP) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: TeamBuilder teams in the Editor (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
Curious as I have never messed with editor much, with this new finding, do you feel its possible say after 3 season, switching up the Teambuilder code after editing the team online will allow us to say update to a bigger stadium or even change our uniforms in the same dynasty now? I feel that could be an HUGE finding if possible.
I think this is possible, that said I am not 100% familiar with how team builder info is stored yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #26
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Now i have a question. When importing a TB team can you still keep the original teams? Or would you still have to switch out a team for the TB one?
Old 06-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #27
Pro

Standard team builder you have to replace the team
Old 06-18-2017, 06:29 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any updates/progress on this?
Old 06-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #29
Pro

Well it's ready:

caveats: always back up your saves. i actually have a collection of end of year backups for each season in case something goes awry i can go rollback a season

how do you get it? for now PM me. i will look into putting it on github, i think the best way is to open source it, but i need to find out who actually wrote this in the first place. I don't want to be in the software distro business so i'm open to ideas here, perhaps OS moderators want to host. in all honesty, the code i wrote has a mad scientist feel to it, and at times i'm not sure why i did something

what can you do with this updated editor? well besides supporting Team Builder there's other stuff you can do

File -> Sr Transfer QB: this prints out two files. Roster.csv is a list of open player ids for teams. TransferCandidates.csv shows you a list of SR QBs that are not #1 in the depth chart who are 85+ OVR. it's how i do senior transfers in my dynasty. the time to use it is make a save when you get to the Cut Players screen. The Id of the player from Team A goes to an open id in Team B. now Team B has a new transfer

File -> Fire Staff: i found dynasty didn't fire coaching staffs often enough. you would see coaches average 5 wins over the course of a decade, this will ensure the whole staff is fired for given team id

File -> Dump Tables: will dump all the tables, not really useful for most people, this was a debugging tool for me

Preseason Fix -> assume control. let's you take over a CPU controlled team. be warned, these coaches will not get XP. i use it to set neutral site games in the preseaon, and then make them CPU controlled in week 1

Preseason Fix -> player numbers. this is a neat feature which will assign "cool" numbers to incoming freshman. That means RBs with say #5, DE with #89, WR #11, LB #37, etc

Preseason Fix -> Fix coach RB tendency. if you get far enough into dynasty you will see your QBs run all the time, HBs don't. this fixes that bug

Fix -> this will set the committed team to 9999 for the top 500 recruits if they are committed to non-P5 teams. i usually set the commit field to the next P5 team. this is how i keep the North Texas and Ohio national championship teams out of my dynasty

everything else is very specific to my dynasty, i would recommend not fooling around with it - there's some useful stuff that will help with schedule home and home's but i never got it perfect. i actually schedule all the P5 teams by hand each season, takes about 2 hours, but it beats the random schedule where i see some teams with 4 FCS games and others with 4 P5 OOC games. this is why i would love it on github and seeing people figure out good algo's for this
Old 06-21-2017, 03:23 PM   #30
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Holy **** dude this sounds amazing! PM incoming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #31
Rookie

msh555's Arena

OVR: 0

I just sent my PM. Very excited for this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 10:00 AM   #32
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

The goat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »