Home

Best Player in Your Dynasty

This is a discussion on Best Player in Your Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
Rookie

Toastandtoaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Player in Your Dynasty

Yes it does. But also so does the feeling of taking an average nongem 3 star depth guy from a power 5 team and making him a day 1 starter on a crummy Mac team. Yes it won't cripple their team or their recruiting efforts but it's one less they get and one need filled.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-10-2017, 03:30 PM   #10
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Can't remember the kids name, but as an OC at Ole Miss I had a RS freshman RB who was less than 100 yards from the single season NCAA rushing record until he was injured in the bowl game and had to miss the 2nd half.

I left Ole Miss that off-season to become the head coach at K-State (after Bill Synder retired), and after being a pre-season favorite for the Heisman, he's sitting at 3rd on the depth chart with all of 4 carries on the year because his overall isn't that high. I like to imagine that he didn't get along with the new OC and fell out of his good graces. Maybe all the hype went to his head and he did some goofy things, who knows.

Sometimes making up stories to explain the CPU logic is half the fun.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #11
Rookie

First dynasty ever in 14 was with Idaho. Got to the end of season recruiting after my second season. I was looking for guys that weren't being heavily recruited. Found a QB from South Carolina named Jimmy Goolsby. 4*, 6'5, 215lbs, 18% locked, so I thought "Why not scout him and take a look?" Dude was 78 overall. About as mobile as a statue sinking into quicksand, but had all the arm talent in the world. Came in with throw power in the low 90's and accuracy in the upper 80's, and he was immediately named the starter. Ended up throwing for over 5,000 yards as a senior, with 53 touchdowns and only 6 picks (that might have also been because of some sliders). He was my first 1st-round draft pick with that dynasty, and is always the head coach of any new dynasty I start up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #12
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

The 1 year that Oregon State contended for a National Title in real life, I was playing with the Cal Bears. I battled them on the recruiting trail for the #1 CB in the country O.J. Burnsides...during the recruiting cycle his favorite kept flipping between my team and Oregon State. He spurned me for Oregon State...started as a true freshman...and when I played against them he picked me off 3 times. The true definition of a shutdown corner. Best I ever saw.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Gingerchops's Arena

Don't know if I can say he was the best player, but by far my favorite player I've had in a dynasty was a QB at Wake Forest. It was the 1st year there as a HC and there were two QBs close in OVR, a sophomore named Nathan Logan who was balanced, and a RS junior pocket passer. First half of the first game was just a QB competition, but Logan immediately led two TD drives and then the job was his.

First year he was mediocre for the most part, threw above 50% but always was pretty even in TD-INT ratio. The guy was just so clutch. Led two 4th quarter comebacks that helped us to a 11-1 first year with a spot in the ACC title game that ended up being a de facto play-in game vs. Georgia Tech. Logan just became a postseason god, ended up throwing for 300+ yards and rushing for 100+ in that game with no INTs. We blew GT out, went on to the playoffs where he continued to be great and led us to a title in year 1, not throwing an INT from the ACC title on.

Actually had another QB competition between the same guys halfway through year 2 there because Logan started struggling again in the regular season. But he'd end up keeping the job and taking us to the ACC title again.

All in all, Logan finished his career with two NCs, orange Bowl win and three ACC titles. In his 8 postseason games he had like 18TDs and never threw an interception. Was always just a slightly above average at best QB during the year, but for whatever reason played like a heisman candidate in the postseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »