Home

NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #57
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
That was fun to read and imagine. But here's my question. Without adding gameplay changes or modes. Could ncaa 14 be remastered like they did the last of us or other games that had their graphics improved for ps4 or Xbox one?*
Old 07-16-2017, 01:35 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by balljonesjr
That was fun to read and imagine. But here's my question. Without adding gameplay changes or modes. Could ncaa 14 be remastered like they did the last of us or other games that had their graphics improved for ps4 or Xbox one?*

My guess is no because EA does not own the NCAA license anymore, which is something people don't talk that much about when it comes to there being no more football game. Also EA said at the time that they were still going to make a college football game. Shortly before NCAA 14 released, the NCAA decided to end its licensing agreement with EA. It was in June of 2014 that the contract ended and it was never renewed. Also I heard while licensing to this weeks Press Row Podcast that even if a new game were to have come out with the NCAA license that not all the conferences or schools would have been the game. The big name that was dropped was Ohio State.

Here's a link to the Press Row Podcast, I would give it a listen as it gives some reasons why we won't be seeing a new College Football game for some time.
http://hitthepass.com/press-row-podc...-cancellation/

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by redsox4evur; 07-16-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #59
Rookie

Re: NCAA Football 18: A Game So Good, We Truly Wished We Could Play It All Day

That was cruel. In the meantime, I'm going to continue my Texas Tech dynasty
Old 07-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #60
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
An entire college class has gone through their undergrad with no CFB game.
On that note, which player (or team, I suppose) do you think would have been the most fun in the past 4 years to play the game with?
Old 07-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #61
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
All they had to do was make all Caucasian players African American and all African American players Caucasian and walaaaa we would still be playing lol. Ed O'Bannon and Sam Keller can kick rocks.
It doesn't even have to be that extreme. Just don't make the players in any way resemble the actual player. For instance, Georgia RB could still be a Black dude. But don't make him 5'10", 215 and have Chubbs number and be one of the best RBS in the country.

Personally, I think that premade rosters that are far removed enough legally from the likeness claim (if you get a chance check out how 2k handles the college players in MC, or even the players in the classic teams who they don't have the rights for) is the way to go. Randomizing and editing still seems a little risky to me. Any vehicle that could be used to infringe on players likeness like editing and definitely sharing would be axed, IMO. Let's be honesty, that's the first thing we'd do with it. LOL

It's not about winning the lawsuit, it still costs money to litigate these things and I'd thing the publishers and schools would avoid that at all costs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #62
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
You can thank EA for that because now not only is NCAA Football 14 $44 at GameStop but so is NCAA Basketball 10! My thing is if you're gonna jack the prices back up on a game that old, you should at least make it backwards compatible.

Anybody seen Fairdale Kings lately? Can I send him my memory card and get it back in time for release with rosters done?
I don't think it's on EA. Its economics. These games aren't made anymore so the current supply is marked up. Plus we don't know when or if they will ever return so those of us with them hold on to it. Funny, repurchased NCAA football on a whim from the Sony store for like 7$ 2 years ago. Now it's not available anymore in the store and it's like 60$ on Amazon. I'm glad I jumped on it when I did!
Old 07-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #63
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

So just my 2 cents...

What's dope is how gaming communities have come together the last 5-6 yrs. I think that's where gaming is headed anyway, more community modding and customization/sharing. That actually makes a game more valuable when you can give the consumer the ability to shape it even further.

GTA is a game with a solid engine, and the community shapes it and brings it far & beyond what Rockstar could do. For college sports, thats something we could do as well. And they wouldn't need to develop a new game every year, provided they do utility updates. Periodically for lighting, textures, stadiums, commentary, bugs/glitches, and the gameplay engine, or whatever...we'd be set for another 5 years...

All we need is Licensing for:
- Conferences
- Schools
- Bowl Games
- Awards
- Venues/stadiums
- Maybe brands, nike, adidas, under armor etc.
- ESPN, ABC, FSN etc

Let us do the modding for rosters, schedules, stadium sounds, uni's, recruiting classes, and *detailed sliders that affect more aspects of the gameplay.

Lastly, the fact that 2K & Madden are licensing schools, i think they're seriously checking the temperature of that possibility. Especially 2k. Look at the amount and variation of schools they've been licensing the last 3 yrs. We might see a college hoops first... What y'all think?

Last edited by jkits; 07-17-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I have from guys in the know that have been told point blank to read NOTHING into the schools getting involved with Madden and 2K.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »