Home

**NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread**

This is a discussion on **NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18
Re: Lead Designer Q&A Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Will we ever be able to import draft classes via NCAA Football?
Not in NFL Head Coach '09.

I wouldn't rule it out in the future.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Are you able to switch teams during your career?
Yes. At the end of each season, you can either quit your current team or you may be forced to find a new team if you fired.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
How long will each game take to play?

Will the game play realistically, i mean, will i be able to run the table with the dolphins the first year?
The games are taking about 45 minutes to an hour to complete right now with 15 minute quarters and the accelerated clock. About what it takes me to finish a game of Madden. If you use the in game play creator, it can take longer.

The game is pretty realistic. One of the designers that helped us with some of the playbook stuff is a Dolphins fan and we had a bet going that he would have a hard time making the playoffs by year two. He tried with a few careers but kept struggling each time. Finally, he signed a bunch of free agents in the offseason like Asante Samuel and then traded away Jason Taylor for some extra picks.

After some great draft picks and more free agents the next year, he went 9-7 in year 2. He also mentioned that while it was tough, it really felt like he earned that wildcard berth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #12
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Are there contract hold outs.

Can you change a coordinators system (ier switch from Cover 2 to 3-4 for example)

How exactly does practice work? Do you need to watch every play like last version or do you simply pick what your team will game plan for that week?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
Is there a demo planned, if so, when?

I was really excited about the release for simple of fact that playing this online would be great, but i recently read that the online mode will be only done through the “Game-Cast” view, and not the on-field view, . Can you explain the reasoning behind this and can/will ea patch an on the field view for 2009?
Not sure about the demo stuff.

As far as online goes, we wanted to make sure that each game was a quick experience that didn't take over an hour.

We wanted the online experience to be more than head to head, so we added the GamerNet feature that allows you to share plays online.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #14
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Could you see Head Coach as totally interchangeable with Madden in the future? For instances would you ever entertain the option of allowing Madden players to complete their offseason using Head Coach?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Josh, I'm extremely pleased that you're taking a moment to speak with members of this forum, thank you.

My question is related to QB play. My biggest issue with the original HeadCoach was that it felt like the QB that I was coaching never really followed the progressions that I had setup for him (that may have been because my QB was Aaron Brooks though ), which made me feel like I had very little control over his decision making process. It was frustrating for me to tell my QB to look for the quick-out first, only to have him immediately focusing downfield once the ball was snapped; even though his first read was open in the flats.

Can I look forward to my QB being more responsive to the progressions that I setup for him?

Thanks.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 06:14 PM   #16
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
The games are taking about 45 minutes to an hour to complete right now with 15 minute quarters and the accelerated clock. About what it takes me to finish a game of Madden. If you use the in game play creator, it can take longer.

The game is pretty realistic. One of the designers that helped us with some of the playbook stuff is a Dolphins fan and we had a bet going that he would have a hard time making the playoffs by year two. He tried with a few careers but kept struggling each time. Finally, he signed a bunch of free agents in the offseason like Asante Samuel and then traded away Jason Taylor for some extra picks.

After some great draft picks and more free agents the next year, he went 9-7 in year 2. He also mentioned that while it was tough, it really felt like he earned that wildcard berth.
That's great stuff. I will be getting this game. Another question, eventually could this game be "fused" together with Madden to make it a fully functioning stand alone Franchise Mode where we could do things such as contracts and depth charts and export to Madden? This game is just so deep it would be awesome to have this game be the Franchise Mode and have the draft and everything done here and play the games in Madden, which has always had a fairly shallow Franchise Mode.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 06-03-2008 at 06:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »