Home

Awareness / Play Recognition

This is a discussion on Awareness / Play Recognition within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Awareness / Play Recognition

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea what the difference between Awareness and Play Recognition is? Those two ratings (along with Pursuit) always confused me a bit. Pursuit, I would guess, is how aggressively the defensive player attacks the ball carrier. However, I am unsure of the difference of the other two.

I always assumed that Awareness MEANT how well a player recognizes plays, and then reacts to them. Do you guys have any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Awareness / Play Recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea what the difference between Awareness and Play Recognition is? Those two ratings (along with Pursuit) always confused me a bit. Pursuit, I would guess, is how aggressively the defensive player attacks the ball carrier. However, I am unsure of the difference of the other two.

I always assumed that Awareness MEANT how well a player recognizes plays, and then reacts to them. Do you guys have any ideas?
Awareness is being able to complete the play or ur assignment better. Being aware of whats goin on. Being aware of situation. Making smart decisions that wont hurt.

Play recongnition is recongnizing the play before the ball is snapped. in the NFL defenses and players notice certain packages and formations. And by that they can recongnize the play. Thats where "play recognition" comes. Recognizing the play before it unfolds.

Pursuit- Lest say there is a toss towards the right side of the offense. And a players is a ROLB. (they are running the ball away from him) The greater the pursuit, the better he is on making the hit/tackle. Pursuit, catching/chasing/running down the person with the ball. Like u said above how aggresive he is getting the ball carrier.

Did that help?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »