Home

About to start! QUICK ANSWERS PLEASE!

This is a discussion on About to start! QUICK ANSWERS PLEASE! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

OVR: 1
About to start! QUICK ANSWERS PLEASE!

Raiders! Starting in the pre-season 2008! Who should I draft/free agent? Should I release russel? I have no knowledge about the raiders! What are the strengths and weaknesses?

Also: Who is this gary hammerhill guy I keep hearing about?!

Last edited by Kurt l o l; 12-14-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: About to start! QUICK ANSWERS PLEASE!

Haven't played as the Raiders in a long time, but from what I remember its all about money management your first few years because there are a lot of useless players with huge bonuses. Without knowing you philosophies and what playbook your are using it is hard to tell you who to draft and/or sign. Russel is horrible but if you cut him your going to be in cap trouble from the start because of his bonus, so you have to look at who else needs to go before you start cutting anyone.
Zach Miller is a really good TE, Huff is a great young safety, and the defense overall has a few holes but isn't nearly as bad as the offense. I would look at getting a QB, HB, and some OL help as the biggest long term goals.
The raiders don't have all of their draft picks that first year so I would look to trade down and pick up more players.
Gary Hammermill is one of the most dominant coaches in the league once he gets a head coaching job, because of both his skill set and playbook which makes even mediocre QB's look like gods on the stats sheet.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22
Haven't played as the Raiders in a long time, but from what I remember its all about money management your first few years because there are a lot of useless players with huge bonuses. Without knowing you philosophies and what playbook your are using it is hard to tell you who to draft and/or sign. Russel is horrible but if you cut him your going to be in cap trouble from the start because of his bonus, so you have to look at who else needs to go before you start cutting anyone.
Zach Miller is a really good TE, Huff is a great young safety, and the defense overall has a few holes but isn't nearly as bad as the offense. I would look at getting a QB, HB, and some OL help as the biggest long term goals.
The raiders don't have all of their draft picks that first year so I would look to trade down and pick up more players.
Gary Hammermill is one of the most dominant coaches in the league once he gets a head coaching job, because of both his skill set and playbook which makes even mediocre QB's look like gods on the stats sheet.
Ok thank you. If I hire a new offensive coordinator how do I change to their playbook?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt l o l
Ok thank you. If I hire a new offensive coordinator how do I change to their playbook?
it depends on what you offer them in the coach bidding, like u can offer to use there philosophies and things...if you dont want to use their playbook dont offer to use it in exchange for their coaching duties in the bidding wars.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I won 3 straight superbowls with oakland... Snag Andre Woodson, part ways with Russel. Draft C. Campbell the DE try and trade for a premier DE like Peppers part ways with Asomuagh if need be. Sign Haynesworth and draft roe? I believe thats the DT's name he may go undrafted but get him hes compared to Haynesworth. Then hopefully your lucky like me and get Ozzie Jones (comared to Barry Sanders) and mister wright the amazingly fast hard hitting OLB...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint9030
I won 3 straight superbowls with oakland... Snag Andre Woodson, part ways with Russel. Draft C. Campbell the DE try and trade for a premier DE like Peppers part ways with Asomuagh if need be. Sign Haynesworth and draft roe? I believe thats the DT's name he may go undrafted but get him hes compared to Haynesworth. Then hopefully your lucky like me and get Ozzie Jones (comared to Barry Sanders) and mister wright the amazingly fast hard hitting OLB...
All this game does it piss me off lol. I spend 2 hours in off-season, get to the games and I realize how god damn **** the gameplay is and turn it off.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt l o l
All this game does it piss me off lol. I spend 2 hours in off-season, get to the games and I realize how god damn **** the gameplay is and turn it off.

Well yeah at first the gameplay sucks but most of that is bc ur guys dont know ur playbook yet...after a few weeks they play much better bc they are mastering your playbook, and the next season they do great with it. this is a game of patience man.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thats why i play the old head coach! The gameplay is soooo much better. That being said the best way to make the new head coach fun is to start your playbook from scratch and only run your created plays! Create your own Iform, shotgun, singlebacks, and bunches move your personell around. Its a much more rewarding feeling when the guy your drafted first round breaks your created 25 lead dive for a 30 yard gain lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »