Home

How is the game-management AI in OOTP?

This is a discussion on How is the game-management AI in OOTP? within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #1
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10
How is the game-management AI in OOTP?

I'm intrigued by OOTP; not so much because of the business side of it, but because of the wealth of historical data, the opportunity to sim out all kinds of cool stuff, the ability to create my own leagues, etc.

When I was a kid, I got really wrapped up in MicroLeague Baseball for C64. OOTP seems like a really, really beefed up version of that, and I'm incredibly tempted to leap all over it.

However, I would be spending most of my playing time in pitch-by-pitch sim, or maybe AB-by-AB sim. I will likely not do much with contracts or financials. So, my question is, would it still be a good purchase for me? How smart is its on-field managerial sense? What's the general consensus?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 02:41 PM   #2
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How is the game-management AI in OOTP?

You should definitely go for it. The in-game experience is just fine. Play by play is really expansive and the 3-D engine is just going to get better and better. It truly does play a good game on the field as far as the managerial side as well.

There might be better engines for a true replay season simulation but since I've gotten into OOTP it's kind of hard to go back to them anymore. I just like firing up fictional franchises and letting the seasons play out before my eyes. You don't even have to control a team. You can just stay unemployed and watch the action unfold from the sidelines.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »