Home

Rivals 2019-2020 Discussion

This is a discussion on Rivals 2019-2020 Discussion within the OS Rivals forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0

COACHES

•If you get a job offer you can leave after the 1st year but you can't do back to back 1-and-outs

•Create a coach, I suggest you make the Alma Mater a school you want... PLAYBOOKS must be the school you choose

•New members at any point have to start in the American conference

•Any players that want to transfer or leave early cannot be swayed

RECRUITING

•Anyone in your pipeline can be recruited, any one who is not your pipeline but has you top 5 can be recruited

•No Athletes

•Week 10 is open season for recruiting, any available player is fair game except for athletes

GENERAL IN-GAME RULES

•Mix up your playbook on offense.. NO READ OPTION OFFENSE, dont run the same stuff over and over

•Mix up your playbook on offense

• MIX UP YOUR PLAYBOOK ON OFFENSE

•5 wide is banned, run commit is banned, cant run no huddle if the ball goes out of bounds

•NO SUPER SIMMING, no user catches

•ONLY ONE presnap adjustment can be made on offense regardless of what it is (audible, flipped play, hot route, etc.).... only exception is adding a TE/RB blocker, NO O-LINE SHIFTS

•4th Down Rule - 4th and 1 past the 50, 4th and whatever if you're down in the 4th quarter (in user games you can go for it if youre up in the 4th quarter past the 50)

•QBs can only have 4 carries not including sacks (10 carries is a suspension)

•QB runs between the tackles are fine, no running to the sideline and throwing

ADVANCES

•Advances will be set for every 3 days as long as the league is small. Play the games you feel like playing

•You can sim any game you want (NO SUPER SIMMING), if the advance day comes up and really havent had time to play but want to I will extend the deadline.

•I expect User games to at least START getting scheduled THE DAY OF or before advance day.. if one player tries to schedule it and the other waits too long they will be put on auto

THREAD

•Game write ups are not necessary at all but AT LEAST putting RTA and the score is

Last edited by JEJunior; 07-01-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #2
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Re: Rivals 2019-2020 Discussion

WEEK 1

***** GAME OF THE WEEK *****
#13 Baylor vs #17 Miami

Its been a while since we've had an opening weekend with this many good games but college football fans love it. #3 Notre Dame vs #10 Texas presents the highest ranked matchup of the week but anyone who's been around Rivals for some time knows that when Dorsey coached teams face Junior coached teams its always a bloodbath. Baylor is fresh off of a national title and despite losing A LOT of talent they still have some guys who will put up crazy points on anybody. 1st round talent at QB, HB, and both WRs almost makes it hard to think that having one of the worst offensive lines in football will even be enough to matter. Baylor is built like a typical Big 12 team in that they will look to outscore you and with that core on offense they may very well end up back in the natty. Miami coming off a very disappointing season could end up being very similar if their secondary doesnt finally make the jump from bad to at least decent. They have some young stars who can make plays on the ball but that youth against Baylors skilled veterans provides an instant concern. Offensively they lose their go to guy at RB in Mark Walton so Sherriffs will have to be the QB he was 2 years ago not last year. He is the X factor in this game. If he can keep up with Baylors offense Miami's defense will make the big play to win this game, if not Baylor will be at win number 14 in a row.

**** GAMES TO WATCH ****
#3 Notre Dame @ #10 Texas

Texas A&M @ Virginia

Utah @ Nebraska

TO THE SCHEDULING THREAD!!!

Old 07-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

I already said it but make sure you guys with new teams update your playbook.. and everybody read over that first page as a rule reminder
Old 07-01-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
Pro

Dj2360's Arena

UTAH @ NEBRASKA

The Cornhuskers just hired coach Don Jonpin; likewise, The Utes just hired coach Jordan Kroeger.

The first quarter saw Nebraska strike first on a 43-yard pass from QB P. O'Brien... Utah responded with a 7-yard TD-Pass from QB T. Huntley. 7-7.
Nebraska with the ball, throws a pick! Returned for a touchdown! Pick-six! Utah leads 14-7. Nebraska finished the 1st Quarter with a touchdown. Heading into the second it was tied, 14-14

Q2 saw Nebraska score and take the lead 21-14... But because of bad play calling down the stretch which resulted in another unnecessary interception for the Cornhuskers, Utah capitalized, and kicked a field goal as time expired in the first half. 21-17 Nebraska

Q3 Nebraska gets a field goal, 24-17.

Final Quarter Nebraska notches another field goal to finish the game... Nebraska wins 27-17

Last edited by Dj2360; 07-02-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

#17 Miami 41 @ #13 Baylor 17

Pass
Bay 13-25-0 144
Mia 13-18-1 170

Rush
Bay 18-64-1
Mia 30-107-2

TO
Bay 4
Mia 2

MIA
QB Shirreffs 13/18 170yds 1td 2int
HB Homer 27-98 2tds 2rec 44yds 1td
WR Richards 5rec 68yds
MLB Quarterman 7tak 3tfl 1ff

BAY
QB Smith 13/25 144yds 0td 3int
HB Hasty 17-64 1td
WR Atkinson 5rec 67yds
FS Black 8tak

I'll give a write up of what happened later, gg Arch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #6
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

Yeah GG Jr. It was a good close game up until that fumble, after that I knew I lost. Thats why i didn't even bother stopping your 2 pick sixs. Try rebuilding your ps3 database, it could help with your freezing issues.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #7
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

#17 Miami @ #13 Baylor

Opening week for both teams had alot of excitement coming in. For Baylor it was their 1st time starting a season as defending champs and a team that could possibly be their biggest test of the year. For Miami it was their first chance at a clean slate from the disappointment of last year and a chance to knock of the top dogs from last year. For these coaches it was the renewing of the biggest rivalry in Rivals.

Before kickoff I was already expecting an ugly performance because the game was set to be played in Dallas at neutral site yet here we were in Waco against the defending champs. Baylor started with the ball and came up empty but established early that their WRs are as advertised. Our first offensive play was supposed to be a quick easy pass to get Shirreffs going but a Baylor LB housed it for 6. Down 7-0 I cant remember much of the 1st half but we threw another pick and made a fg. One possession Baylor had a chance to go up 14-0 or 14-3 but we held them to a fg so we were still in reach. Before the end the half we got them to 3rd and long and my RS FR CB picked it off on the first down marker. We pounded the ball with Homer who's got his first career start and tied at 10 going into the half.

Second half we got the ball but stalled. I dont remember what all went on but we were up 13-10 and gave up a td to make it 17-13 late in the game. We move the ball down field and on 3rd or 2nd and long I call a screen pass to Homer, I ran one earlier but Arch was all over it, this time I set it up somehow so he wouldnt see it coming and luckily he hit the dive button right when we snapped it to but it still was there. Homer makes the catch and turns up field with a 3 on 1 wall, he out runs 2 guys and we go up 20-17. Kickoff to the endzone and they bring it out but we blow it up, idk if the game momentum was high but mine was after that td. 2nd or 3rd and long we cover everything pretty well so they throw it to the flats and try to shake Quarterman my SR leader and All American MLB and he pops tf out of the back and the ball flies out. We recover. Its about 4 minutes at this point so we're only up 3 but I knew Arch was done. We grind the ball 8-9 times and finally get into the endzone on 4th and 1. I didnt want to take a fg because Ive given up so many late game comebacks so I went for the win. 27-17. After that I expected him to take one more shot at a win and he did but our coverage was too tight. Pick 6, 34-17. I thought he'd just get his RB some stats but he threw it again, pick 6.

41-17 final.

Overall game was tight the whole way. Us holding him to a fg early when he could have went up 14-3 was huge because after that first pick 6 plus a td his momentum alone would have killed us, the screen play for the td was huge because if we settle for 3 I think he wins, the fumble was what actually won the game, the 4th and 1 on the goaline is what sealed it. Good game by Arch, my game plan worked on both sides, not as much on O but enough to win us the game.

We're a different team this year.

MIA
QB Shirreffs 13/18 170yds 1td 2int
HB Homer 27-98 2tds 2rec 44yds 1td
WR Richards 5rec 68yds
MLB Quarterman 7tak 3tfl 1ff

BAY
QB Smith 13/25 144yds 0td 3int
HB Hasty 17-64 1td
WR Atkinson 5rec 67yds
FS Black 8tak

Last edited by JEJunior; 07-02-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
All Star

Archsmith99's Arena

OVR: 1

That fumble and the crappy animation I got after he caught it, is why i never pass it to my Rb.. My right stick it broken on my controller, thats why my dude dived on that screen pass. If I don't move it just right, my guy will dive. I'm good for 2 or 3 of those dives every user game lol. If he didn't dive, you wouldn't have scored on that play imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > OS Rivals »