Home

Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

This is a discussion on Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #153
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

I'm not sure what this actually means, but this is regarding arrange mode from the manual:

Green Border = Arrange team created in Arrange Mode
Yellow Border = Arrange team created in Season Mode
Blue Border = Arrange team created in Season Mode and Added to Arrange Mode
Red Border = Arrange team created in Season Mode and edited in Arrange Mode

This is when looking at your created data for the PS2. My interpretation is you can edit any and all teams in Season Mode. I haven't tried this yet, but the manual doesn't say anything about it being locked from the get go this year so it sounds good if my interpretation is right.

EDIT: Ok nvm posts above me confirm Arrange Mode is good to go right off the bat. (No pun intended)

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #154
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I can't figure this out. I'm sure someone here can help me out.

How do you trade players in arrange mode? All I see is the option to create a new team.

The manual states you can bring your Arrange team into Season modes but can you bring all 30 arrange teams into season mode?

That's not something I've seen anyone confirm. What good is it if you can bring your edited roster but everyone else is at default?

Anyway, the game is still great. Played a game and had the most fun I've had in a sports game in a long while. The CPU does still pound the zone but at least I wasn't abusing them ridiculously as a result. I actually drew a walk and could have had two if I didn't swing at a terrible pitch on a 3-2 count. But twice I was up 3-1 and the CPU just pounded the ball near the middle. Would like to see them go for the corners instead.

Bullpen option is a great addition but be warned, you need to warm up your relievers about an inning and a half in advance. There is no Mound Visit to bump up their readiness and if you want your closer to come in for the 9th, you should start getting him warm in the 8th when your setup man is pitching.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #155
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Just bought the game. Can't wait to start it up.

Arrange mode doesn't mean much to me since I like to fantasy draft my teams, but does it save the roster as a diff file than the default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #156
Pro

The rosters are a bit out of date. C.C. is still on the Indians.

Anyone else have the PS2 version? I had 2007 on the Wii, and on the PS2 the analog seems a bit jerky. Maybe it's my controller, but I wanted to ask if anyone else is having trouble with no-so-analog analog control.

The pitching does seem different, for the better. I am seeing more balls than last year. The expert pitching mode does make pitching more difficult too.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #157
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalTiger
Good luck duke! I hope you are able to snag a copy.
Thanks! I'm going to try as early as they get them in, I'll probably call them early and ask them when they get them in and be up there at that time.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #158
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
The manual states you can bring your Arrange team into Season modes but can you bring all 30 arrange teams into season mode?

That's not something I've seen anyone confirm. What good is it if you can bring your edited roster but everyone else is at default?
Real quickly I just went into arrange mode and removed both Ortiz from the Red Sox and Giambi from the Yankees. I saved both teams and when I began a season I went to "Enter Arrange Team" and brought both of the arranged Red Sox and Yankees in and they both did not have Ortiz/Giambi respectively and they did have the two FAs I signed to both teams.

I can confirm there are 32 arrange mode slots and you can bring all of them in if you desired before you begin a season without having to unlock anything.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #159
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

That's good stuff then. I'm going to have to make some trades after the deadline.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #160
Pro

Oh yeah definitely. The rosters really aren't too bad. I mean at least compared to what we got last year.

I was surprised to see Evan Longoria in the game. Guys like Josh Hamilton are going to need ratings adjustments probably.

Jay Bruce and Clayton Kershaw are not in the game. Just looked for a few guys I could think of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »