Home

Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

This is a discussion on Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #65
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Official MLB Power Pros 2008 thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Yeah, I think they did just copy the text because they do that with a lot of games. I would trust 2k's site when it says there wont be my life, success mode and season mode on it. http://2ksports.com/games/mlbpp2008
Yeah, I read that on their site, I was just hoping it was a mistake. I dont see how, in this day and age, you can release a serious baseball game without a season mode at least. Even if it just had a single season mode, I would have bought it day 1. Now, I'll wait til I can get it cheap. Very sloppy effort 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 9

I ordered mine on Gamestop and right now it says they're backordered...The only good news is they don't bill you until they ship so I might end up with it if I check Best Buy and find it. With my luck I'll find it at best buy; purchase it and then come home and find out theyve shipped it.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #67
2K Sports Marketing

VC_Andrew's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
So will the Wii version work with Gamecube gamepads?
yes you can use the Gamecube controller
Old 07-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #68
MVP

BengalTiger's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
No...you can reserve PS2 games, but you cannot reserve games that only cost $19.99 at launch, which is the price of Power Pros 2008. I was handed a PS2 reserve list, and when I asked why that game wasn't on there, that was exactly what I was told. The GameStop guys (of course) told me that I had better get in there around lunch time on Tuesday, but if that fails, Best Buy seemed to carry tons of copies of last year's Power Pros, so I'm sure you'll be able to find it soon.

I very recently picked up the '07 game, and love it, but I'm starting to question if '08 will make any significant improvements at all. Everything from the screenshots to the $20 price tag makes me think that I'm getting an Opening Day '08 roster update and not much else.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still buying the game (and at $20, it's much harder to be truly disappointed), and I know at least with the addition of a bullpen to warm up pitchers (which was mysteriously missing last year), it will be a little better. All I'm saying is that I don't think anybody should be expecting this Wii/PS2 title to be drastically improved over last year.
yea, I think I'm going to give Best Buy a shot tomorrow. I stopped by gamestop again today and the guy was kinda a jerk.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #69
Banned

a2ndrgmaster's Arena

OVR: 9

it saids bestbuy WEBSITE dont release it till august 4th? but i will try to go to a ebgames at night maybe they will give it to me haha

edit circuit city saids release on 7/28 so maybe ican go and ask them if they dont have it i can go complain :]

Last edited by a2ndrgmaster; 07-28-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #70
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Gonna trade in MLB for the Wii version if I can find it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to playing this game.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

IGN reviewed the game and gave it a 8.4. Don't know if links are allowed here, but their review is up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
IGN reviewed the game and gave it a 8.4. Don't know if links are allowed here, but their review is up.
Their closing comments seem to mirror what a lot of us were predicting:

Quote:
If you’re new to the series, buy this one without question. If you’re a returning fan, weigh how much you want the next chapter of Success Mode, and the new MLB Life experience. If you’re still pushing through dozens and dozens of hours on last year’s game – we understand, since we are too – this one doesn’t offer much that you don’t already have in your collection now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »