Home

With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually Care?

This is a discussion on With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually Care? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #41
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Are you guys kidding?

With no exclusive license....this is the BEST thing that could happen to 2K and baseball gaming in general.
It opens up the most viable options for any production company.

I think you WILL see a 2K baseball game in the future(and I think '13).

M.K.
Knight165
In the future, maybe. But I don't see how they could possibly have a game out in 2013. We are less than 3 1/2 months away from baseball season, so even if they purchased a license today, how are they going to put a game together in 4 months?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #42
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: With No New Baseball Game For the Xbox 360 on the Horizon, Does Anyone Actually C

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
In the future, maybe. But I don't see how they could possibly have a game out in 2013. We are less than 3 1/2 months away from baseball season, so even if they purchased a license today, how are they going to put a game together in 4 months?
They may have purchased the rights already(obviously not the exclusive)....and I think they have.
Just a gut feeling.
They would actually be silly not to. I doubt the MLB and MLBPA license are that much....and 2K knows it has the 360 sales....so it would actually most likely be their most profitable version to date if they release it with only minor upgrades.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
They may have purchased the rights already(obviously not the exclusive)....and I think they have.
Just a gut feeling.
They would actually be silly not to. I doubt the MLB and MLBPA license are that much....and 2K knows it has the 360 sales....so it would actually most likely be their most profitable version to date if they release it with only minor upgrades.

M.K.
Knight165
Very true. Just like people believe EA has been working on a baseball game all along and as soon as they get the license will release.

I'm still not convinced 2K will release a game though. They're M.O. isn't great when it comes to this. But I like your optimism.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #44
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Very true. Just like people believe EA has been working on a baseball game all along and as soon as they get the license will release.

I'm still not convinced 2K will release a game though. They're M.O. isn't great when it comes to this. But I like your optimism.
I'm fairly certain EA was/is not working on a baseball game.
They are a pretty "bottom-line" company and they weren't taking any chances there would once again be an exclusive.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #45
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Wouldn't we have heard about it if they did? They surely would have announced something by now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #46
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Wouldn't we have heard about it if they did? They surely would have announced something by now.

Maybe....it's a ways off to March yet though.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #47
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

HI!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #48
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

truman.gif................

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »