Home

2k baseball refugee

This is a discussion on 2k baseball refugee within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #49
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2k baseball refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
A lot of millions! :-)

And I doubt in this changing economy, emerging technologies, and new competitors that you can pin changes in market share simply on a lack of backwards compatibility. I mean how much backward compatibility do any of the consoles of this generation really have?
Yeah that is true, I think you are right. It probably had more to do with the initial high price point and the later launch than the 360, can't believe Sony is going to let Microsoft beat them to launch again! The 360s backward compatibility is pretty lackluster but workable. I think the big let down is the billions of games sold for the PS2 and then everything this generation is HD and widescreen and the PS3 just can't do anything with that massive old game library. Now of course we have A/V receivers that will upscale a PS2 and the games look great, still most of them are full screen. I am just more surprised than anything that Sony has just such a vast resource in those games and has not done more with them I just feel like they are missing out not making the best use of their resources. Now the Wii U has some pretty great B/C with Wii games and still has the Virtual Console. It's something like that, I would like to see for all the consoles really.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 18

I still have my original launch PS2 but it is tough to play on an HDTV since the game only fills 2/3 of the entire screen.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 3

Why has this thread not been moved to Other Baseball Games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #52
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
Why has this thread not been moved to Other Baseball Games?
Did you bother to read the thread?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #53
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann6
Now that I don't have a baseball game to play (and also cause my blu ray player stinks and won't play all of my movies) I am considering getting a ps3. However, I am unsure of whether or not to buy one with talk of new consoles on the way. I have tried to find information as to when a potential ps4 might be released and what I found is very confusing. I believe this game is enough to buy a system (especially now that i found out about classic rosters) but not a system which could be obsolete in a year. I guess I'm curious to know what you guys think.
While I made the switch and bought a ps3 just for the show, I would almost tell you just to wait it out for the ps4. Mine as well save up your pennies for the ps4. I played the living hell out of mlb the show '09, I think it was the most time I've ever spent on a video game. However, each year after that, I've bought the next year of the show and have played less and less. I'm at the point where the game play is very stale, probably because it's been the only franchise I've played with on my ps3. If you have a fat wallet, I would go ahead and buy a ps3 for the living hell of it. I went from mvp 05 on the pc to the show 09, and was absolutely blown away. Maybe the same thing could happen to you even considering how late to the party you are.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Did you bother to read the thread?

M.K.
Knight165
Yes. It's filled with comparisons of 2K and The Show. The only difference is that you don't have 2K people coming here to warn against it.

I'm thinking, with your presence in the 2K threads for that express purpose, that should change here.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denonfreak
Everybody is entitled to their opinions but sometimes I sit and wonder how can people play 2k baseball when the show is available..even for casuals rookie is more fun on the show...oh we'll....
Now..can you really imagine what the show might look and play on next gen..can't wait for that!
Sometimes I wonder...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I used to be a die hard 360 player till I couldn't put up with 2k's lackluster baseball series anymore. I bought my PS3 back in 2009 just so I could play The Show and now my 360 is my 9 year old sons, I hardly touch it any longer.
Yeah, this kind of support for 2K baseball would never be allowed without the menacing eye of Knight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »