Home

Action Football Pc

This is a discussion on Action Football Pc within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #9
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Action Football Pc

Pro Football Simulator has to be at worst at par with this game. The on field options may not be as good in terms of coaching but as a Manager game its at worst even. Can't pick each play, but you can set your playbook, set your strategies and watch the game with a in game 2d play viewer.

PFS has everything this game has and more. Custom playbooks, custom league formats, Fictional/Historical/Current Roster options.

The game also doesn't require you to buy a new version every year, and comes out with nearly monthly updates which put other updates to shame.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
Pro Football Simulator has to be at worst at par with this game. The on field options may not be as good in terms of coaching but as a Manager game its at worst even. Can't pick each play, but you can set your playbook, set your strategies and watch the game with a in game 2d play viewer.

PFS has everything this game has and more. Custom playbooks, custom league formats, Fictional/Historical/Current Roster options.

The game also doesn't require you to buy a new version every year, and comes out with nearly monthly updates which put other updates to shame.
Well I can't agree that these games are on par with each other. In one game you are able able to pick your play and an another you can't. To me being able to call your own plays is a big part of a football simulation.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Not being able to pick EACH and EVERY play in a football game is like going to a nice restaurant and NOT being able to order what you want off the menu. Just takes away from the whole experience.

Thats just a personal opinion and if you enjoy one game over another, thats cool. ITs all about what you enjoy.

Last edited by fishfan77; 05-25-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

I think you hit it on the head. PFS is a game geared towards people that like games like OOTP baseball and so on. where actual gameplay isnt their number one interest. They like whole management aspect. If you are into nuts and bolts calling plays, choosing coverages, when to blitz, who to double team etc, PFS probably isnt for you.

I know Management games have a huge fanbase. I tried OOTP and PFS and just seemed like the actual game, game decisions and playing a season took a big back seat to managing a team or a league and seeing how many seasons could get played. Again, this is a personal choice. Nothing wrong at all with that. I just prefer a coaching sim. A basic Salary cap and some league management tools are plenty for me
Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

My draw to PFS is the updates. I am hoping that we can get the inclusion of coaches, and more importantly play calling.

PFS has a good model in place, if it can implement a few changes that people want to see it could really take off. If you look at a game like football mogul. They have many of the things you'd see in AFPC but they do a terrible job with it.

If the game plays well and you give people what they want they will come, thats why I have big hopes for PFS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »