Home

Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

This is a discussion on Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Video Diary of FIFA Manager Bhurst99

"Hurst is an incredible guy"

I'm starting to warm up to Yesil with comments like that. Flattery and bribes will get you everywhere. (I'm lying Yesil's going back to the bench next game. I have a tough season to prepare for and he's not making enough coin to bribe his way into the starting 11 ). For what it's worth, Yesil was rated 6.5 for the match.

I've always wondered what goes into these ratings. Some of them can really make you shake your head. Cole, a substitute in the 77th minute, was rated just 4.0. What did he do, or not to do, in 13 minutes to deserve that?
Old 12-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #34
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I've always wondered what goes into these ratings. Some of them can really make you shake your head. Cole, a substitute in the 77th minute, was rated just 4.0. What did he do, or not to do, in 13 minutes to deserve that?

I truly think it is all about the pure numbers of passes connected, dribbles completed, shots taken, crosses connected, etc. It has to be because I've had tremendous output from players just coming off the bench in my manager I don't have on OS and they still are coming off shy of the 6.0 mark purely due to their lack of 'numbers' at the end of the game. This is why defenders who are beastly ball winners off tackles will consistently be rated fairly high, while outside midfielders who are extremely important to the flow of games and cover a ton of ground as well as provide great service may not find themselves above 7.0 unless they rack up the 'numbers' by scoring or grabbing some assists.

I've often wondered myself, and this is the only logical (or illogical) thing I could come up with.

Love the Liverpool manager choice, that's who I am. I'll be interested in what your lineup looks like come the first match day!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #35
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

I forgot to mention, my whole theory is based off the fact that the players come onto the pitch at 0.0 and must fill the calculated 'numbers' to raise it from there. hence, why a player not playing more than 45 mins is rated so low!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #36
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
I truly think it is all about the pure numbers of passes connected, dribbles completed, shots taken, crosses connected, etc. It has to be because I've had tremendous output from players just coming off the bench in my manager I don't have on OS and they still are coming off shy of the 6.0 mark purely due to their lack of 'numbers' at the end of the game. This is why defenders who are beastly ball winners off tackles will consistently be rated fairly high, while outside midfielders who are extremely important to the flow of games and cover a ton of ground as well as provide great service may not find themselves above 7.0 unless they rack up the 'numbers' by scoring or grabbing some assists.

I've often wondered myself, and this is the only logical (or illogical) thing I could come up with.

Love the Liverpool manager choice, that's who I am. I'll be interested in what your lineup looks like come the first match day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
I forgot to mention, my whole theory is based off the fact that the players come onto the pitch at 0.0 and must fill the calculated 'numbers' to raise it from there. hence, why a player not playing more than 45 mins is rated so low!
You might be right but I'm thinking everyone comes into the game rated a base 6.0 rather than a 0.0 and their final rating is based on the factors you referred to. That's why everyone is around that number at the end of the game. If your theory is correct I think we would see more substitutes rated around 0.0 since they have little time on the pitch to build up passes connected, dribbles completed, etc.

However that's just a guess on my part and your theory may be correct.

I wish there was some insight into this by EA Sports. But it's not a big deal.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #37
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

We didn't want to break the bank to sign a striker since we also want to sign a defender. We offered $12,400,000 but Hannover rejected that so we upped our bid to land him. Hopefully, he's got a lot of goals in him with that finishing rating of 86.

We have about $10 million left to sign a credible defender.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #38
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

And that completes my pre-season additions as we are now left with under $1,000,000.

I probably should have done a little more research as some of Rolando's ratings leave a lot to be desired. He has ratings above 80 in tackling and marking so he's certainly no bust.

Unfortunately, it turns out he is not available for my second exhibition game.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 17

Looking forward to the next update! The Ronaldo signing is going to help you tremendously.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #40
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliDegu2008
Looking forward to the next update! The Ronaldo signing is going to help you tremendously.
I hope you're right. He looks slow to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »