Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online (/forums/showthread.php?t=858912)

TheDuggler 11-24-2015 07:06 PM

Re: I'm absolutely loving Play Now Online

I am having a great time with PlayNow Online, but I am noticing today that guys are just turboing straight through my defense with the same player for the entire game. A guy nearly beat me just now with the Pistons by holding turbo with Reggie Jackson and just running straight into the paint. Even Westbrook couldn't keep up with him and he played 2 less minutes(not a lot but when the game is only 20 minutes long thats significant). Westbrook has slightly higher stamina rating than Jackson and he was below 50% by the end. 2K seriously needs to crank up the affect of fatigue on players. Stamina management should be part of the game too, this is a legit NBA basketball game not NBA Jam

The CPU defense for my team was either don't help at all or abandon 3 point shooters and then dont even bother to rotate

rawdog805 11-24-2015 09:18 PM

Played like 4 games today on PS4 and noticed that I missed 5 perfect release midrange shots. I thought perfect releases were automatic??

Mintsa 11-25-2015 01:42 AM

Losing games on purpose right now just to drop a few leagues. Battling in HOF and NBA is taking years off my life.

ksuttonjr76 11-25-2015 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintsa (Post 2047860580)
Losing games on purpose right now just to drop a few leagues. Battling in HOF and NBA is taking years off my life.

Damn, it's that bad, lol?

ChiliPalmer 11-25-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie548 (Post 2047859899)
It's the only effective crossover.

whats the left stick cross. walk to the left and turbo to the right?

Mintsa 11-25-2015 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 (Post 2047860609)
Damn, it's that bad, lol?

In terms of my skill level...yes....LOL. I'm just not good enough to play at those levels at the clip necessary to compete for the 10 games needed.

Going up against the wave after wave of players at that level is very difficult. Game after game of the of the same stuff, never getting a break or and easy W is pretty frustrating and takes the fun out of it for me.

You know ?? It's just like the NBA. You have hard/easy games, close/blowouts.

Its just that every game is a fight to the death.

Side note: Remember, I'm not complaining/whining about chasers. I'm being honest and admitting that I'm not at the level of players at those leagues. There just better.....LOL.

Nevertheles109 11-25-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie548 (Post 2047859899)
It's the only effective crossover.

Not accurate.

You have to time and understand the right stick crossovers and intertwine size-ups with them as well. If I'm on the break and have a defender on his heels, I can murder them with a right stick crossover or and in & out...and that's with Tony Parker.

Rockie_Fresh88 11-25-2015 09:46 AM

Is it just me or does the spin layup not work at all anymore ? I can't even get my controller to respond on this move. I'm not abusing it I get wide open