Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots (/forums/showthread.php?t=881045)

cthurt 05-12-2016 01:21 PM

Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

I cant lie I am an equipment guy all the way, BUT its a little upsetting that it is a big deal in Madden 17 due to the neglect of it over the years, when you think about it, sounds crazy that in the year 2016 we are excited about equipment being in a sports game.

I thought as a youngster that by this time in gaming the convo would be a lot more in depth, but it seems most of us just want things that were already in the game at one point to be put back into the game again.

Rant over cant wait to see this trailer!

SageInfinite 05-12-2016 01:27 PM

Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

Totally hear guys upset about the lack of equipment accuracy in the screens, but I still think it's too early to judge. It's not like it's July. These screens could be from any build of the game, as well as the trailer/teaser released tonight.

I'm all for going with the history, but to be fair, we don't know when these screens were captured, and from what build they were captured.

Hope the new ball carrier cues come with new ball carrier juke moves and animations. The defensive animations need the most work, so I hope those were finally addressed.

reverend_heat 05-12-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S (Post 2048177262)
I care about football fundamentals - not whether Antonio brown is wearing, Fruit of the Loom, or BVD underwear.

thanks for the stupid comment I was waiting for from someone, if people are on a message board discussing car tires do you think its a good idea to come on telling everybody they should only care about a cars engine because without an engine the tires dont matter? cuz thats what you are doing, I chose to talk about equipment, not gameplay, doesnt mean I dont care about gameplay or think that it isnt the most important thing. What exactly gameplay wise should I have been talking about from the screenshot released, how the players animated?

Lexicon 05-12-2016 01:30 PM

Intrigued by Franchise Mode leading the description, but I'm also very reserved. "A new focus" could mean something really good, or something really bad. Hopefully the trailer gives us some good imagery to chew on. I don't expect much info, but some good hype can be achieved if the right things are shown. I really enjoyed M16's gameplay, but I didn't have anything I was interested in playing the game for, since Franchise Mode was such an uninspired "at least it's here" mode.

Rams_3 05-12-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkerots (Post 2048177030)
The problem with Madden is that they've been catering too long towards the people who "want mouth guards and strips on the wristbands", and not enough towards the people who want realistic completion percentages and solid defensive AI.

Catering? You do realize madden hasn't touched equipment in YEEEEEEARS. So i don't understand your logic. If we do get new equipment it's been LONG OVERDUE.

CM Hooe 05-12-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reverend_heat (Post 2048177356)
thanks for the stupid comment I was waiting for from someone, if people are on a message board discussing car tires do you think its a good idea to come on telling everybody they should only care about a cars engine because without an engine the tires dont matter? cuz thats what you are doing, I chose to talk about equipment, not gameplay, doesnt mean I dont care about gameplay or think that it isnt the most important thing. What exactly gameplay wise should I have been talking about from the screenshot released, how the players animated?

We'll continue this discussion without insulting and belittling each other, please and thank you.

roadman 05-12-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brightline (Post 2048177301)
Ehh, I think you misunderstood me or I wasnt clear. My point is that a discussion on May 12th about whether or not to give the game the benefit of the doubt or judge based on history or twitter and whatnot is silly. Some may be optimistic or pessimistic about the game but it doesnt matter because the ultimate decision to buy or not isnt made for 3 months.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I agree, that is true for some people, but some people have their minds made up either one way or the other on May 12th too.

howboutdat 05-12-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssHskr (Post 2048177249)
I think it's safe to say that i can't really contribute more than what's already been said in this thread. However, and i'm generally alone on this, but, pretty please, with sugar on top please full access to our franchise via the web,

You are not alone at all here man.There are tons of leagues that rely on this very aspect ( in its limited access to franchise but still better than nothing) already .It is vital for us.Most of us CFM heads are older , with real jobs , and families that already require alot of our time.Playing a cfm game on average takes about an hour. Most of us enjoy managing our CFM teams from the web.Either on our phones , or on computer with DaddyLeagues, and those who dont use it, still use the CFM site for stuff dealing with managing their team.Its a big thing that we need.

It for sure needs more features than it has now, but even the "simple" advance week button from the web is HUGE!Especially from any fast paced online league, as a commish of one i can speak from 5 years of experience, this was a great addition. Often times our last game gets played( on set time) and we need to advance so guys who have set up next weeks games can play, but me nor my admins on console are at home to advance. Not having just that button alone could slow things down alot of leagues like this.

We could use more, and ive begged for years now to add a "set to auto" function to it for owners and commish both. I get so many text in a years time asking me to set someone on auto so opponent can play and im not home.We live in a very busy world, and in that , we need this functionality of the website and could use even more features that it could do for us. I really hope , with the focus on CFM this year that it will include an upgrade to that CFM website for us.

I can deal with not being able to draft from website( as im sure that would be very complicated to make that happen right) as long as we had custom draft boards, those who cant be at home for draft in their league , would at least have a list and an order to force the cpu to pick from.That would solve the issue and request for ability to draft from web. However we could use other features on the website. Like adjust depth chart, change shcemes, position changes, setting people to auto, changing league settings and sliders for commish, scouting even would be nice addition there.Only time will tell though, excited , but also cautious to hear what " focus on franchise " really means ....:y220: