Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 12 Video - Road to Glory: Brock Luker - Episode 4 (/forums/showthread.php?t=488012)

TrapStar215 06-09-2011 05:17 PM

Re: NCAA Football 12: Brock Luker's Road to Glory: Episode 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBlonde21 (Post 2042475562)
Can you play Fullback in RTG, or is that still left out?

TE, OL, K, P, if you wanted to? Of course not!!! It's EA!

rdfowler 06-09-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrapStar215 (Post 2042475683)
TE, OL, K, P, if you wanted to? Of course not!!! It's EA!

but that means being a running back for GT would be pointless cause tech's feature back is classified as a FB..

illwill10 06-09-2011 08:04 PM

I can understand why EA probably doesnt allow being OL K/P and FB. But I think TE should definitely be available. I know TE in college isnt a High profile position.But they do make a impact on the game. I would love to Block and catch. I love pancaking DBs as a WR.

illwill10 06-09-2011 08:08 PM

What do you expect tomorrow.
My thoughts on the vid is that it will be 45-55 secs. I think it might be at the end of his career and him give a VERY brief overview of it

Soarindude02 06-09-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illwill10 (Post 2042476232)
I can understand why EA probably doesnt allow being OL K/P and FB. But I think TE should definitely be available. I know TE in college isnt a High profile position.But they do make a impact on the game. I would love to Block and catch. I love pancaking DBs as a WR.

What would that reason be!? I mean, just because it isint as indepth as "QB", it should still be in the game.

TrapStar215 06-09-2011 09:09 PM

there is no reason, you should be able to do every position regardless.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JMUfootball 06-09-2011 09:13 PM

Just seeing a lot in these videos that still discourages me.

For all that intros were reported to have been updated, everything I saw looked exactly the same. Can we please even at least get some new fans for the stands? It's just too ironic when the narrator says "will be great to play in front of those great Bronco fans" and it shows the same set of fans that are present at every stadium, with the same sign that is held up from Idaho to Florida.

Still unimpressed by player momentum in this quick vids, and the new grass is something I did not even notice. Why this was made such a big deal about I have no idea.

Basically this is last year's mode but with better college selection choices and no calendar. Still waiting for a RTG mode that has RPG elements. In other words, waiting for a RTG mode that does not play presentation wise exactly the same as a regular game. Give the player "legs" off the field, let you control him on the sideline when the other side of the ball is on. Basically you control him for the full game, from tunnel to halftime break and everything. Your responsibility to sub on when you need to, etc. Until that happens, putting a little polish on last year's RTG mode does not impress me as much as it seems to impress others who have posted.

Jr. 06-10-2011 01:07 AM

Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Road to Glory: Brock Luker - Episode 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMUfootball (Post 2042476431)
Basically this is last year's mode but with better college selection choices and no calendar. Still waiting for a RTG mode that has RPG elements. In other words, waiting for a RTG mode that does not play presentation wise exactly the same as a regular game. Give the player "legs" off the field, let you control him on the sideline when the other side of the ball is on. Basically you control him for the full game, from tunnel to halftime break and everything. Your responsibility to sub on when you need to, etc. Until that happens, putting a little polish on last year's RTG mode does not impress me as much as it seems to impress others who have posted.

I think you're expecting a little much here.

Renard 06-10-2011 01:18 AM

Am I the only one who still a little distant from this Brock fellow just because he selected Boise? lol

JMUfootball 06-10-2011 02:15 AM

Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Road to Glory: Brock Luker - Episode 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baughn3 (Post 2042477477)
I think you're expecting a little much here.

Perhaps, but a lot of game elements for something like that are already there...after all, you wouldn't be creating new "areas" for every stadium in the game - sidelines already exist, they are just not player-accessible. Seems most of the work would just be coding a RTG game to play out slightly differently than any other game.

-Would need a sideline camera (not a big deal, Madden is doing that this year, it would just need to be lowered and behind your team's sideline)
-Physical players on the sideline and not 2D cutouts
-The ability to exit or enter the field manually after each play (it could even be a button press and whoomf you appear, controllable on the sidelines to watch the next play/s.

Maybe it is too ambitious...but it is feasible. I definitely think that by this point in this console gen, EA should have already been working on something like this to differentiate RTG. There just seems to be terrible groupthink with this mode - the lingering idea that a RTG game needs to play out presentationally just like any other game. No, it really does not. As the mode currently plays now, might as well call it "control one player". There's no sense of connection with your player - he exists only on the field when the ball is snapped, just like your entire dynasty mode team.

I think that the physical manifestation of your player - and ability to control him - on even a limited basis off the field (whether it's sidelines, or a generic locker room area, anything) would add TREMENDOUS immersion value to the RTG mode. Just my opinion.

C-A-R-D-S 06-10-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy43 (Post 2042475068)
Those look like the normal generic cleats to me

the are the generic cleats

acts238shaun 06-10-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EA_Alex_Howell (Post 2042474997)
God I know. What a tool this narrator guy is. Waaaaait a second.........

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Hey man, can you show us practice some time soon? I would really like to know if I can max out a player on a bad team by continually improving in practice once I am #1 on the depth chart. I hated being capped when playing for EMU or Arkansas St. I want the option to be Jerry Rice, Randy Moss or more currently DeAngelo Williams - bad teams made good by one player.

illwill10 06-10-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acts238shaun (Post 2042477961)
:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Hey man, can you show us practice some time soon? I would really like to know if I can max out a player on a bad team by continually improving in practice once I am #1 on the depth chart. I hated being capped when playing for EMU or Arkansas St. I want the option to be Jerry Rice, Randy Moss or more currently DeAngelo Williams - bad teams made good by one player.

I think it might be a possibility because of Skill upgrades/points tab.
I hope so. I always wanted to play for a bad team, but since players are rated lowly I would start and never improve. But I never played for a great team because I didnt want a easy experience. The teams I always played for had to have a player at least at 87 at my position, so at least I was a 88 OVr starting out

acts238shaun 06-10-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illwill10 (Post 2042477973)
I think it might be a possibility because of Skill upgrades/points tab.
I hope so. I always wanted to play for a bad team, but since players are rated lowly I would start and never improve. But I never played for a great team because I didnt want a easy experience. The teams I always played for had to have a player at least at 87 at my position, so at least I was a 88 OVr starting out

Same here. In NCAA 11 if I wanna be the best 4-3 DT I have to play for Oregon St. If I wanna be the best QB I have to play for Houston. It shouldn't be that way. I wanna play for the team I wanna play for and let my performance and practice time make me better. I hate being limited. I wanna do like last gen Heisman mode and build my player as I see fit.

illwill10 06-10-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acts238shaun (Post 2042478249)
Same here. In NCAA 11 if I wanna be the best 4-3 DT I have to play for Oregon St. If I wanna be the best QB I have to play for Houston. It shouldn't be that way. I wanna play for the team I wanna play for and let my performance and practice time make me better. I hate being limited. I wanna do like last gen Heisman mode and build my player as I see fit.

Exactly. If want to I am a SPeed WR I want to be able to boost Spec Catch, I should be able to.
I want to go to a team like Temple or Memphis and be a star and lead them to a ring