Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke (/forums/showthread.php?t=277348)

ehh 11-03-2008 01:51 PM

Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke

The video definitely looks good especially compared to MM08. The animations are improved but some are still bit funky. I still do not like most of the jump shot animations they're sufficient. The game is smoother and the speed is much more realistic.

I love the floor spacing and realistic defensive recovery. That alone will help me enjoy this game a ton, over the years it has become the biggest gripe of 2K's games for me.

The rebounding seems greatly improved from last year and I like the contact in the paint, that's not as messy as MM08.

I'm not concerned with so many shots going in, like most demos/vids I assume this is on an easy setting.

ExtremeGamer 11-03-2008 01:52 PM

Looking forward to a demo, but not impressed by the video. Why were Duke fans cheering a UNC bucket? The game was very dark as well, hopefully that's just the video, and not how the game looks.

J.R. Locke 11-03-2008 01:56 PM

Dark to anyone else?

Anyway better than I expected it to be. I will definitely try out the demo and maybe get this through gamefly.

countryboy 11-03-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtspit (Post 2038875949)
im sticking with choops,with the 09 rosters.Still want to try the demo
out for this when ever it comes out..

the demo is supposed to be out Thursday.

KG 11-03-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer (Post 2038875990)
Looking forward to a demo, but not impressed by the video. Why were Duke fans cheering a UNC bucket? The game was very dark as well, hopefully that's just the video, and not how the game looks.

I've noticed that a few of EA's games on next-gen are dark by default. FIFA 08 & 09 were like that.

jagsfan82 11-03-2008 03:59 PM

whats the green line underneath the players suppose to mean?

carnalnirvana 11-03-2008 04:18 PM

their shorts are too baggy look like they playing street ball lol

looks good though

Murph 11-03-2008 04:38 PM

I thought the EA guys here said specifically that this game was based on the Live 09 engine, not 08. I certainly hope it's 09.

I'll add one more complaint to those I've read here already. Even in this short clip, there's repetition in the play-by-play. How many times did we hear Nessler say 'Up...and IN!'