Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 09 The Show Blog: Sounds of The Show (/forums/showthread.php?t=292978)

Electron Blue 02-06-2009 11:43 AM

Re: (Blog) MLB 09 The Show - Sounds of the Show!!

Can we record sounds as files on our PCs to use, or do we need to use one of those supported mics and actually record it to the PS3?

Pared 02-06-2009 11:45 AM

You can either use an existing file, cut a sample, and save it or record it using an input such as a bluetooth mic.

PsychoBulk 02-06-2009 11:48 AM

I can see hours of fun to be had with this feature, i see myself being very sad and recording hundreds of sound clips and chants for all the players, assigning bizarre songs for walk ups and homers etc.

Simply stunning feature.

EnigmaNemesis 02-06-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 2039157511)
You can either use an existing file, cut a sample, and save it or record it using an input such as a bluetooth mic.

So in order for the crowd to chant "Jose" or even "Papi" ... you have to go into that player's editor and add the sample in correct?

This is all too exciting!

"A-Fraud" in Boston, here I come!

Pared 02-06-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis (Post 2039157608)
So in order for the crowd to chant "Jose" or even "Papi" ... you have to go into that player's editor and add the sample in correct?

This is all too exciting!

"A-Fraud" in Boston, here I come!

Papi might be in there... but if it isn't, you can add it! That's what makes this feature so great!

You can record "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUDDDD" once and it will repeat it 3 times. :woot:

EnigmaNemesis 02-06-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 2039157614)
Papi might be in there... but if it isn't, you can add it! That's what makes this feature so great!

You can record "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUDDDD" once and it will repeat it 3 times. :woot:

Awesome!!!

Do you have to add them under one of the 3 cheer/jeer slots on Papi or A-rod in the player editor, just like you do when you CAP?

Pared 02-06-2009 12:27 PM

Yup.

I believe it would be a "jeer" and he will hear it no matter where he is while away. So while it can't be Boston-NY specific, digital A-Fraud will be tormented all around the MLB in your 'chise. :lol:

bukktown 02-06-2009 12:30 PM

This feature is great I love that there are 3 total slots to fill. Ian going to waste a lot of time with this. Is there an option to not add the chorus effect so it doesn't sound like a crowd? I want to recreate all of the in game stadium music from the dome in real life.