Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was (/forums/showthread.php?t=393715)

strictbusiness14 02-07-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsontide27 (Post 2040721435)
You know, I read alot of good articles here, but I really think we are missing the point.

While I would love for Madden to improve the ideas that you have set forth, there are a tons of issues that need fixed first.

The game just doesnt play like a football title should. Why write an ariticle about signature animations, when you have punters subbed in at center and doing just as well? Why write about adding yet MORE stat categories to evaluate players, when its proven time and time again they dont work?

Its about time to fix the freaking game. We have had the same issues over and over spanning a decade now and they are never fixed. Focusing over more fluff at this point is meaningless.

Concentrate on making a football game that actually resembles football, then start piling fluff on year after year.

Technically, if they really want to get the game playing like a real football game, they need to get ratings that translate into the performance they're supposed to reflect. Right now, for the most part, the ratings are just not specific enough to give a true reflection of the real-life counterparts. And actually, I completely agree that using a weapons system (and getting rid of the overall rating) is the best way to accomplish the ratings problem. But you can't fix the AI until you have the proper variables...so you're putting the cart ahead of the horse there. Signature animations may be fluff, but (although I may be wrong; I don't have any intimate knowledge of the development process) I would think that those are mostly an art department thing instead of the core development. If it adds to the realism of the game, I have no problem with it.

Jump 02-07-2010 08:24 PM

Harbinger - someones been playing Mass Effect 2.

Tick32 02-07-2010 08:57 PM

Re: Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was

Fix Gameplay! That is the main priority!

jsquigg 02-07-2010 10:27 PM

This article is obviously written by someone who wants too much out of Madden and sports games in general. I agree that the game will improve, but the tone was just cynical in reference to Madden 10 and past Maddens. And the Barry Sanders in All Pro Football was nothing like the real life Barry, especially with how that game represented the other backs so well.

t11 02-08-2010 12:46 AM

Meh, Madden 11 will be a rent. Madden 12 will be a buy

TombSong 02-08-2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsquigg (Post 2040722681)
This article is obviously written by someone who wants too much out of Madden and sports games in general. I agree that the game will improve, but the tone was just cynical in reference to Madden 10 and past Maddens. And the Barry Sanders in All Pro Football was nothing like the real life Barry, especially with how that game represented the other backs so well.

How can he "want to much" out of Madden when he is speaking to things that alot of people have wanted in this game for years and also things that have already been implemented in older football games ?

I think the current dev team appears to have the motivation to get the game to where it needs to be, however how long that will take remains to be seen. I am hoping Madden 2011 finally puts closure to the issue of being compared to Ap2k8/2K5. Madden 2011 after its released should be spoken of in terms of how much it does better than those games and what it does new that those games do not do.

I have played this madden more than any on the current gen consoles. Its easily the best for this gen. That said its still weak in some areas compared to the old 2k games and some aspects of old madden games. Because people say negative things about madden does not mean they are "madden bashers" or have "agendas" We just stating how we feel. What needs to be judged is not if whats said is negative or positive. What needs to be judged is if whats said negative or positive is true or not.

NoFear 02-08-2010 03:43 AM

All I want is a deep, deep franchise mode. Is that so much to ask? I can honestly go through an off-season in 10 minutes on Madden 10. Might take me 5 minutes to draft, but that's the only thing worthwhile.

More signature playing styles would be a welcome addition too. I think the starting running backs, wide receivers and defensive ends should all have their signature moves.

SonicZulu25 02-08-2010 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoFear (Post 2040723572)
All I want is a deep, deep franchise mode. Is that so much to ask? I can honestly go through an off-season in 10 minutes on Madden 10. Might take me 5 minutes to draft, but that's the only thing worthwhile.

More signature playing styles would be a welcome addition too. I think the starting running backs, wide receivers and defensive ends should all have their signature moves.

The franchise mode is what I would like to see improved upon as well, and I think the made a good step back in the right direction much like 2005 had.

Overall though, I am having fun with this game. This is much much better than the crap they released the last few years on this gen of gaming. There are definitely some gameplay issues but I honestly believe that we have become very picky....which is fine by me and hopefully will only provide feedback to the devs in making this game play better in the future.