Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed (/forums/showthread.php?t=666923)

cattlekiller 09-30-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMhester04 (Post 2045514419)
how do you edit AI logic? re-code the game yourself?

Forgot to mention in Firepro editing the AI logic was done in a menu where you used %'s on which and what action is used and when.

I personally dont see the current engine(Havok) used by Yukes being able to do this, but in with the amount of sliders and tendencies found in the NBA 2K games might be hopeful for a future game.

EAGLESFAN10 09-30-2013 09:00 PM

Re: WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Detailed

The Rivalry Manager is going to be my best friend and I like that somewhat apron DDT

The fact that we can set the length of a feud and what kind of storyline we want for a feud .... It's just pure love

I like the King of the Ring Tournament

I definitely going a Diva only show and PPV's

I still want to know about the commentary within Universe Mode

Love what I heard and Seen

J_Posse 09-30-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cattlekiller (Post 2045514548)
Forgot to mention in Firepro editing the AI logic was done in a menu where you used %'s on which and what action is used and when.

I personally dont see the current engine(Havok) used by Yukes being able to do this, but in with the amount of sliders and tendencies found in the NBA 2K games might be hopeful for a future game.

Pretty sure Havok engine is used for physics, but not artificial intelligence. I do agree that Yukes or Visual Concepts needs to completely re-write the A.I. and make it entirely customizable. That way people can go in and make high-flyers (RVD, Sin Cara and Rey), power (Ryback & Henry), brawlers (Cena & 'Taker), submission (Bryan and Del Rio) wrestlers and everyone else more unique. The shoddy A.I. has held this series back almost more than anything else, IMO.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

DanH35 09-30-2013 09:13 PM

I was going to skip this year because of the next-gen consoles, but I'm definitely getting this after watching that video, a lot of nice improvements.

DJ 09-30-2013 10:40 PM

Some great additions/improvements here. I will be playing this game for a long time, I have a feeling.

OriolesFanRD 09-30-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadojoker (Post 2045514274)
I like the possibilities but unless the AI logic can be edited then I'm not getting it. The AI in Firepro Wrestling and Here Comes the Pain are perfect! Yukes have dropped the ball for years! bring back Aki please!!

It's not Yukes that dropped the ball. It's the casual audience that 2K and the WWE have to please that dropped the ball. Even if AKI came back to the wrestling genre, they would do the exact same thing. Gameplay might be a tad tighter though. Universe Mode sounds like it should be fun. I've never been into it personally, but I'll try it out there year.

PVarck31 10-01-2013 02:05 AM

Is it just me, or did the AI look better? Seemed like they stayed on the offensive more than last year. Even went for a quick pin. And they said it was on normal difficulty.

Also, will there be an actual KOTR arena? That was weird that it took place in the Over the Limit arena.

SoxFan01605 10-01-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PVarck31 (Post 2045516590)
Also, will there be an actual KOTR arena? That was weird that it took place in the Over the Limit arena.

Not sure what arenas will be on disc, but the reason for it being in the Over the Limit arena is that they just did a quick edit of an already scheduled Over the Limit PPV and changed it to the KOTR tournament (though why they changed the logo when they did that, but not the arena and matchup screen, I don't know).

At the very least, you'll be able to use a custom arena.