Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dangerous Golf Arrives June 3 For PC, Xbox One & PS4 - New Gameplay Video & Trailers (/forums/showthread.php?t=880620)

Golfsprince 05-06-2016 07:48 PM

Re: Dangerous Golf Arrives June 3 For PC, Xbox One & PS4 - New Gameplay Video & Trail

And it was actually a pretty big deal when it was announced on Twitter.

And a lot of people are excited about it.

As I said, every golf game does not have to be sim.

OnlookerDelay 05-07-2016 12:32 AM

Re: Dangerous Golf Arrives June 3 For PC, Xbox One & PS4 - New Gameplay Video & Trail

GolfsPrince,

It’s not that it’s an arcade game, it’s a rather misleading title. If they had called it “Destruction ball” I think I wouldn’t have had any objection to it… it wouldn’t have gotten my attention. I watched the video for 10 to 15 seconds and found it irritating, and I really can’t explain why. I’m okay with arcade golf games up to a point. Hot Shots Golf is easily my favorite of them all, but it quietly mixes in some amazingly accurate physics into its makeup and that’s what intrigues me about it. Dangerous Golf has so little to do with golf that I wondered why they ran the risk of scaring off part of their potential audience – folks who would be bored by just reading the word “golf” – by using the word golf in the title.

snc237 05-07-2016 01:36 AM

Ya I was excited to see this game and I am now very disappointed. Credit to the physics engine and such that looks good but there doesn't look to be any lasting appeal at all.

Golfsprince 05-07-2016 12:58 PM

OK, fair enough guys, good posts. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a "It's arcade so it sucks" feeling because that would be too biased.

Since you aim for a hole, I guess that's why "golf" is there.

The graphics look great I will say. It could be fun, it could be awful, but there's no doubt that it'll probably be only $10 or so so there's nothing to lose right?

So, I'll give a try and I'll probably write a review about it on my site.

mestevo 05-07-2016 01:07 PM

Looks like a $9.99 VR title :(

JOS1181 05-12-2016 08:20 PM

I would have been more interested in a.. Shoot what was the baseball game that was arcadey? The Bigs? I dont remember. Anyway. I would have been interested in a Golf game like that and not this ummm.. hmmm... Thing? Replace the golf ball with anything else and it is the same game.

Golfsprince 05-13-2016 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOS1181 (Post 2048178432)
I would have been more interested in a.. Shoot what was the baseball game that was arcadey? The Bigs? I dont remember. Anyway. I would have been interested in a Golf game like that and not this ummm.. hmmm... Thing? Replace the golf ball with anything else and it is the same game.

The Bigs was a fun game. The Bigs 2 especially with the mini-games.

We'll have to see how it goes. The few people who did play it early said it's a fun game so we'll see.