Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NBA Live 18 - The One Details, Including Playstyles (/forums/showthread.php?t=910186)

Rockie_Fresh88 06-10-2017 06:54 PM

Re: NBA Live 18 - The One Details, Including Playstyles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopsin (Post 2048866113)
Uhm.. is the 7'11 center thing a accident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so lol. Wasn't it capped at 7'1 in live 16?

Vic Viper 06-10-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopsin (Post 2048866113)
Uhm.. is the 7'11 center thing a accident?

Yeah, that's definitely an accident. Someone must have typed an extra "1", but the cheese would be real if it were true. Lol

MielVB 06-10-2017 07:55 PM

All this is fine and dandy, but I sure as hell hope EA put in the time to finally get the core gameplay of this thing called basketball right instead of focussing on all this other stuff. All this is gravy to me, which matters none if the gameplay is still all over the place.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Operation Sports mobile app

Tonyattia 06-10-2017 08:17 PM

Looks like they added their version of badges from 2k! Awesome

NeptunePirate 06-10-2017 08:47 PM

Looking good! Glad to see that year off is paying off. Can't wait for that demo.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

ffaacc03 06-11-2017 05:58 PM

The free demo is the most intriguing news, hopefully it last more than a week ... want to give this game a chance, from someone who just played last demo, this seems like an improvement over 16 ...

Leasim96 06-11-2017 08:44 PM

I really like how it seems they are making the badge system work - it seems they are not automatically rewarding you with "you have this badge now go dominate".

Apparently from what i see - you need to do specific things - some include team related stuff - in order to trigger some badges. Which i REALLY like.

To be honest - this is what 2ks archetype system SHOULD HAVE BEEN!.

Live intrigues me just based on that alone ... but hey - sometimes you leave it to 2k to suddenly come in and make live seem just like .. not enough.

Like their still behind by a lot.

Remember we're comparing this to 2k17 etc. Which a lot of us didn't like.

If they suddenly pop in with some amazing 2k18 stuff - live might look underwhelming in comparison AGAIN.

I'm honestly ... kind of hoping that Live REALLY steps up .. and heck - honestly i hope they take a BIG portion of 2ks playerbase.

AT THE VERY LEAST - please please please - if 2k is gonna stick to casual/arcade - please atleast make live more sim. Which the aspects from the badges are a good indicator. Since "sim" also qualifies for teamwork related stuff. Which in 2k is often mostly "I'M THE BEAST I'LL DO IT ALONE".... which i hate.

I like the concept of even when you have a high overall player - STILL having to earn your W by actually outplaying your opponent. And not just OutCHEESING them aka abusing exploits.

zrohman 06-12-2017 05:43 AM

I think in Live 16 your player started out with a 70 ish rating.

I can't tell you how frustrated I've been. Because NBA Live has made bad games in the past few years (which I've bought), I've been forced to play as "Prez", forced to be apart of "Orange Juice".

The most frustrating thing has been starting out at a 57 rating where your player has less speed than Shaq.

If this game is halfway decent, which it looks to be from the 5 on 5 gameplay, I'm buying it. Mainly to avoid the cash cow that has become 2K. I've heard some people say that Live is putting all of their efforts and resources into the game for ultimate team and modes that will make them extra cash, but I don't see them making you start out at a 57 rating.

I love 2k, so I don't mean to start a debate. But this seems like a more simplified mode which I would enjoy grinding through. I personally like what I'm seeing on all fronts and I'm excited to finally see some competition coming.